What kind of Events/shows to go to.

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 12, 2013 at 20:33
ThreadID: 104298 Views:1701 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, just wondering what kind of Events/ Shows you would all be interested in whilst traveling around this great country of ours. As you know there is an 'Events' page on this site which advises of some events being held in different States, it would be very helpful for the folk searching for these events to know what you would like registered in the Events Calender, myself, I'm open to anything that is on in an area which depicts the life and history of the place that I'm at, be that, local talent, sports days, show days, whatever is being organised at the time. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Also any websites that you consider very helpful in finding these events.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Thursday, Sep 12, 2013 at 23:16

Thursday, Sep 12, 2013 at 23:16
Hi Deanna

I was only having a look at the events pages yesterday and was suprised by both the number and type of events listed. This page has come along way since you have taken it on. Well done!

I will be looking at it on a regular basis in the lead up to our big trip next year. Reckon it will be handy as we pass through each state

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 518028

Reply By: Dave B ( BHQ NSW) - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 08:47

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 08:47
Thanks for bringing up that subject Deanna, I must admit that I have overlooked that part of the EO site for quite a while.
We visited a local motorbike show yesterday and it was fantastic.
I should have thought about it earlier and put it up on the events website weeks ago.
I have now added it to the site, as it runs until Sunday.
Here is a taste of the show.
cheers

Dave

'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 518040

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 09:37

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 09:37
Hi Deanna,
Thanks for reminding us all about this - as a result I have just put Floriade (in Canberra) up, as it starts tomorrow and runs for a month.

A number of towns in the WA wildflower belt put on flower shows featuring the native plants and flowers in their area. We have been to the flower shows at Mullewa and Ongerup and have found them to be excellent. It would be good if you could track down which towns have shows and the dates and put them on the site.

I will try to remember to put up local events in the future.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 518046

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 21:14

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 21:14
Hi Val, thanks for putting up your event, much appreciated.... The wildflower shows over here are great events but alas, in a lot of cases when I've gone into the websites the information is not forthcoming, now that you have reminded me of them I'll do another run of the sites and see if there is enough information to register them in the Events Calendar.....

Cheers

Deanna

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 797836

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:31

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:31
Thanks Deanna,
Yes indeed, Deanna should be congratulated for her passion to do this task for the people of ExplorOz and for her proactive approach to seeking ways to do the task better and to encourage more of you to share the task, for the betterment of the site and for the good of people who need the information.

For those than don't realise, the ExplorOz Events system is based on the collaborative content approach (a bit like Places, User Treks and so on). Anyone can enter information. No charge to the event organiser, no charge for you to access it. No special system admin for registered site users to add events, and fun tools to allow people to post reviews, comments, and photos too.

When we initially setup the system we were surprised that with a user base of over 70,000 that people were not putting in events. I am sure that an Event Calendar is a wonderful thing for us to offer to our audience and to the industry event organisers, so I was surprised people didn't see it as something easy/rewarding to do. However, like most things, everyone leaves it to everyone else and it wasn't until Deanna stepped forward and volunteered to make it her mission to research what events were going on around Australia that the Event calendar really took off.

She has also taken it upon herself to post Threads such as this - always looking for ways to improve her efforts for the betterment of your needs.

We need to applaud and thank the wonderful team of volunteers we have that work behind the scenes on ExplorOz. Thank you Deanna, you are appreciated.

Thank you also of course, to our equally dedicated Forum Moderators and to Mike F - our Road Conditions Report Coordinator. Together - you are what makes the ExplorOz Team a true community and why this website continues to be something unique in the 4WD, Caravanning and Camping industry in Australia.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 518055

Reply By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 13:13

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 13:13
Hi Deanna, I met you a few years back in the servo in Birdsville.

Here is a website for most NSW swap meets which is updated regularly
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/swap_meets.htm
worth a look if into that. hoo roodingo
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 518066

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 21:09

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 21:09
Hi aussiedingo, we remember meeting you at Birdsville.
Thanks for the website, it looks like a fantastic site for people who are interested in Swap Meets, would be great to have a site like that over here...

Cheers

D

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 797834

Follow Up By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 09:30

Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 09:30
G'day again D, I tried to list the website on the event page but it won't allow it to happen, maybe M or D may be able to list it for others to see. hoo roo
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 797855

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 16:08

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 16:08
WOW! Look at you go ExplorOzers - Mazcan, John & Val, Phil B, Dave B, are already hot on the job! Fantastic effort, keep it up :)

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 518078

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 21:10

Friday, Sep 13, 2013 at 21:10
Thanks Guys, that's great.....

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 797835

Follow Up By: Member - Heather L - Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 07:36

Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 07:36
Thanks for your time consuming work - you certainly haven't "dunworkin"!
I love Farmers Markets to try local foods and leave some money in the local towns.
Cheers Heather L
FollowupID: 797846

Sponsored Links