Review: De Grey River

My Place Rating: My Rating 4/5

Was initially just somewhere we pulled up in for an overnight stop. Once we found our spot though we thought it was great and ended up staying two nights. Although quite a few other travellers were there it offered us privacy and seclusion, which are very rare in an overnight stop. Place was clean and offered us an excellent opportunity to walk and exercise the dogs and get some well earned rest. We did swim in the river, as did the two dogs, but we have since been advised that there is a croc danger at this particular spot. Not too sure how this left us feeling as we swam on both days!!! Only minus I guess would be the road trains occasionally trundling by and the railway. We felt they were both merely background noise although clearly audible and not a distant sound by any stretch of the imagination. There were rubbish bins provided although you have to be aware of the local wild pigs that will destroy plastic bags placed next to the bins. Also there were toilets and a dump point for the caravan. Again, beautifully clean and excellent amenities. We searched for an honour box but couldn't find one. A well earned pat on the back to the local shire for offering these facilities to us travellers. Thank you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links