Referring to 104345

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 15:03
ThreadID: 104361 Views:1443 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I was just looking through blogs to have a read and the one I was looking at had some locked and some open. It said that SPAM was the reason they were locked and I can understand why they locked then but how does spam get into somebody's blog. If this is done by somebody deliberately it is disgusting after the time and effort the members have taken to enter their blogs.
Regards
Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 15:09

Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 15:09
What?

To lock a blog is an action assigned by the person who writes the blog. It has nothing to do with SPAM. Can you point me to what you are looking at?

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 518300

Follow Up By: Member - David 221160 - Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:29

Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:29
Hi,
"Not so grey nomads" day 19

Thanks
FollowupID: 798093

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:38

Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:38
I have just opened this blog http://www.exploroz.com/Members/302532.875/7/2013/Day_19_Alice_Springs__Repairs_.aspx and cannot see anything about SPAM in it. If this is not the one you are refering to please send me a link via this post - COPY and PASTE the address line from your browser when you have the page open.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 798095

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:46

Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:46
I have just read the blog again and I think the member is referring to being worried about having his blogs open that it may in some fashion cause him to receive spam emails.

This is not and cannot be the case all ExplorOz users email addresses are protected and NEVER given out (unless you type it in a blog, forum or other post directly). So as you can see this member has unlocked one (starting at 19) and then never bothered to lock again as I suspect he found that his email address was never made visible.

There is no reason to be worried about publishing stuff unless you give the information away in what you write, the system will never and has never allowed access to any email addresses.

Additionally in blogs you can turn off the ability for people to comment in your blogs so if you do not want any feedback just turn off the allow members and allow visitors to comment check boxes.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 798097

Follow Up By: Member - David 221160 - Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:52

Tuesday, Sep 17, 2013 at 16:52
Hi David(DM),
I am glad you final saw what I read. Iwas getting worried I was havinga senior moment.
Thanks for the reply.
Dave
FollowupID: 798100

Sponsored Links