bbq

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 19, 2013 at 14:05
ThreadID: 104390 Views:3618 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
hi all,has anyone used the Hark 2 burner gas portable bbq and are they any good.
kmam
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bruce b2 - Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 14:46

Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 14:46
g'day kman1 - never heard of them until your post. after a quick googling, there is not much information apart from the price of approximately $180.00 which seems a bit dear for a portable 2 burner bbq. but after a bit more googling came across the outdoors chain that has the name of a large snake, a python i believe. anyway their price was about half, so off i went, there is a store conveniently close. unfortunately there was not one on display so i opened the box. there is some construction to be done and it is a bit hard to comprehend how it's going to work. but for about $80.00, there is now one in the car ready for me to put together, at that price i couldn't pass it up. if i get a chance to build and try this weekend (spare time obviously is controlled by the parole officer indoors, mow the lawn, wash the car etc etc etc), i'll let you know
bb1
AnswerID: 518493

Follow Up By: kman1 - Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 18:24

Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 18:24
hi Bruce ,Thanks for your input look forward to hearing from you after you try the bbq.
kman
FollowupID: 798677

Follow Up By: bruce b2 - Friday, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:28

Friday, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:28
gday kman - sorry i've been a bit slack and also in deep trouble with the parole officer. She went to work one day and when she returned, a fair bit of damage to her beloved garden had occurred. may have had something to do with the very large tree that i had removed whilst she obviously wasn't here. been very quiet. but back to the original. it is not a bad little bbq, we did a meal for 4 people on the weekend and it was reasonably efficient. a little bit slow but with the hood down, it did pick up a bit with the roasting effect. i'm not sure about the fat etc which splashes around inside and will probably put some alfoil under the burners and try to keep it a bit cleaner that way. also the fat tray underneath the bbq was a bit fiddly but not too bad. overall, i certainly wouldn't pay the price that i had seen of appriximately $180 but for the bargain price of $80 that i paid. there are certainly better bbq's around but at what price. this hark that i have will find it's way into my work vehicle and get a reasonable workout as i am often out in the bush with a couple of troops.
regards - bb1
FollowupID: 798726

Follow Up By: kman1 - Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 17:06

Monday, Oct 07, 2013 at 17:06
thanks bruce I went and bought one for the caravan,looked ok.
kman
FollowupID: 799390

Follow Up By: bruce b2 - Tuesday, Oct 08, 2013 at 08:05

Tuesday, Oct 08, 2013 at 08:05
let me know what you think of it, i'm not sure if the one i bought will actually make it to work, i will probably keep it at home as a quick fix rather than fire up the full size bbq.
cheers - bb
FollowupID: 799432

Sponsored Links