LED Trailer Lights

Hi All

Ordered some slim line LED trailer lights for the box trailer. Slightly confused. The LED lights only have 4 wires. Red, White, Yellow, Brown.

How are these supposed to connect in with a 7 pin round plug (small). I assume you must be able to get a wiring loom to suit/adapt to the 7 pin?

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 22:38

Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 22:38
Red = Stop
White = Earth
Yellow = Indicator
Brown = Tail

Connect right hand light indicator wire (yellow) to the green wire in the loom to the plug.

AnswerID: 518516

Follow Up By: Mark W21 - Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 22:47

Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 22:47
Cheers Mate

Thought the kit was all plug and play. so basically just need to get me some trailer wire and connect as you described and all should be good.

Thanks
FollowupID: 798391

Reply By: tonysmc - Saturday, Sep 21, 2013 at 09:06

Saturday, Sep 21, 2013 at 09:06
Hi Mark,
You are right that it is plug in and play. It does cost a bit more for the plug together system, however I believe it is worth the extra. I changed my boat trailers over to LED about 2 years ago and have never had a problem with the lights since.
Measure the width between the lights (+ a little extra) and the distance from the lights to your vehicle (+ a little extra) and you can buy 2 lengths of wire which already have plugs on them to suit. Also purchase a plug adaptor that suits your vehicle. I smeared a little marine grease on the plugs before plugging them all together. My lights and wiring have been underwater dozens and dozens of times and never a problem with them. I will only use the plug-in LEDs from now on.

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 518526

Follow Up By: tonysmc - Saturday, Sep 21, 2013 at 17:05

Saturday, Sep 21, 2013 at 17:05
This is the type of cable you need that comes with waterproof plug-in connections.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/140916458953?lpid=87
FollowupID: 798429

Reply By: Member - mike g2 - Saturday, Sep 21, 2013 at 09:38

Saturday, Sep 21, 2013 at 09:38
Hi all, have just done this for my own trailer. good info avail by search in explor- oz itself, on I/ net, and usually with "utilix" plug pack-explaining colour connections.
posted replies good. 7 pin has spare pins to allow for variations: elect brakes, pwr supply (hot wire), etc..
have looked at a couple of retailers such as repco, super cheap, auto one etc ...cant see full lighting kits available as such, have to buy the parts as needed and make it yourself with the cable. to help with connections, use a 240V connector box ( has seals + ports) and screw it up and out of the way under trailer -allows access but reduces water/dirt getting into connections. may need a line filter if LED's cause dash warning lights to come on. trial check your connections and lights for trailer before actually cabling it all into trailer-easier to verify all ok.
MG.
AnswerID: 518528

Sponsored Links