2004 holden rodeo

Submitted: Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 13:56
ThreadID: 104447 Views:1678 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey I am looking at a 2004 turbo diesel holden rodeo. It has 270000 kilometres just wondering if this is to many kilometres for this car and is it a risk to buy. Cheers!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Twodogs - Tuesday, Sep 24, 2013 at 03:40

Tuesday, Sep 24, 2013 at 03:40
I had an 05 RA diesel manual which I bought new and did 130,000 in before it was written off for me. The only problem I had was a rattlle in the clutch drive plate, which was changed under warrantee. The manual boxes can be a little noisy but don't seem to fail. I towed a van round OZ with it and returned 12.5 l/100 including a blast up the telegraph track. Expect a bit of a rough ride compared with a coil sprung wagon and they are a little low so full bash plates are useful . Being Isuzu they are tough and parts are available (I had air lockers fitted to mine). I bought a D-max to replace mine as the lockers and (some other bits) fitted from the Rodeo. Suggest that if you buy it fit free wheeling hubs from earlier models. They are avalable from wreckers and save wear and tear on the front diff components, save a little fuel and make the steering slightly lighter. They also mean you can use 2wd low range as I do (pushing trailers around). You just have to remember to lock them when going off road. I would recommend Rodeos any time just remember they have some limitations off road.
Twodogs

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 518669

Sponsored Links