Toilet chemicals

Submitted: Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 15:50
ThreadID: 104450 Views:2964 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Maybe I am preaching to the converted but today while following the chief around the Reject Shop I came across a 2 liter bottle of "Supreme Oxy Active" stain remover for $4.
I checked the sodium per carbonate percentage and it stated 340g/kg which is comparable with the Napisan proportion of 346g/kg. but at $4 it kills the others in price. It's in a blue plastic bottle.
cheers
BillM
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: K&FT - Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 16:16

Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 16:16
you are right, I picked one up myself.

for that price why wouldn't you? you know you will use it somewhere.

I often have a look around these stores you never know what is lurking in there at a great price.

frank
AnswerID: 518646

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 17:32

Monday, Sep 23, 2013 at 17:32
Hey guys, I was in our reject shop last week also and picked up a few of those 6" round LED camping lights which have 24 LEDs for $5 each.

They take 4 AA batteries and are bloody terrific for the dough. At 4 AA batteries that means they run on 6 volts so it would not take much to get them to run off 12 volts.

They make terrific blackout lights.

A set 2 of them up in series will run off 12 volts
or
B run a 220 Ohm resistor in series with one to drop the voltage. about a one watt should do it.

Very happy to be corrected if this is wrong information.

They also have some very sturdy box cutter knives for around $3 each.

Thanks for the heads up re the 34% Oxy Active

Cheers, Bruce
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 518653

Reply By: KevKim37 - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2013 at 16:25

Wednesday, Oct 09, 2013 at 16:25
Just watch the colour of the powder granules if they have other than "White" granules there is more than sodium percarbonate in the contents. I mistakenly bought a cheap Supreme Oxy Active type and when opened it had "Blue" coloured granules, on using this product the Toilet was absolutely putrid when using and emptied not like the Standard Napisan.
Must have detergent or other in contents, so used the rest for washing clothes and found more of the cheap brand that I was using before, then all back to normal.

Cheers Kev.
AnswerID: 519458

Sponsored Links