Savero Tyres

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 08:24
ThreadID: 104484 Views:1970 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I have been running Savero AT's on my 2006 Hilux, they have done 30k on our trip around oz. I took them off for 3 years and had them put back on 6 months ago.
There is plenty of tread left, but I am not too sure about their handling in certain conditions. I sometimes feel that in the wet they slip a bit more then they should.
Also when you merge from 1 lane to another and the road has some lumps and bumps it feels that the tyre rolls sideways (I mean the tyre wall rolls over).
It might by just me or the actual roads, but I thought I would ask other Savero users.

Thanks
Wato
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NTVRX - Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:18

Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:18
G'day Wato, Have a look at some tyre reviews & the Hilux Forum. There might be some very interesting comments about tyres. I had a hilux for awhile through work & it had BFG's on it great tyres but they can get a bit noisy when they start to wear. There is one important fact with what you are saying....the only thing between you and the road are your tyres.... the most important item on your vehicle. If you can put the best tyre on your vehicle. There is no substitute for quality. Rob. ps I wouldn't have Savero Tyres on my trailer....but that's MY opinion.
AnswerID: 518754

Reply By: Member - David 221160 - Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 13:56

Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 13:56
Hi Wato
I you keep the tyres you have now and they have been off for years you may have to look at the of manufacture to see if thy are still in the life expectancey. I do not know how long they last but I ave heard they do have a use by date to speak of. Others may know more and I might be wrong.

Dave
AnswerID: 518757

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 19:52

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 19:52
Mate

The general rule of thumb is a tyre should be replaced around 4 or 5 yrs as they begin to de-,laminate and become dangerous, regardless of use or how many kms it has done.

My BIL found out the hard way on his caravan.

FollowupID: 798927

Sponsored Links