track closure item-newsletter

Submitted: Friday, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:23
ThreadID: 104496 Views:2263 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, have read item in news about track closure (bore track), this is becoming common problem for 4wd clubs as well. I note in Perth recently access to/thru the Lancelin training area is now being more restricted and I have heard local shires north of Perth are stopping beach access. camping in the area from Lancelin going North towardswedge island (WA) is now stopped. The traditional (fishing)shacks at Wedge Island are also under threat of closure. All this area is popular to 4wd,campers,fishing.
The response I have seen by 4wd clubs/association was to contact owners or authorities and ask for review, offering consultation on needs ,regular track and campsite maintenance via organised trips into the areas, provide signage, repair damage, collect rubbish, educate the public etc.. this appears to work (see work done for power line track, stock route etc..) . Could this be done via Exploroz community?
MG.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - nick b - Saturday, Sep 28, 2013 at 17:22

Saturday, Sep 28, 2013 at 17:22
How Can We Fight Track Closures? ... Its going to be hard when you see what some turkeys do when in national parks etc

On a recent trip to gawler rangers & eyre peninsular national parks (SA) you could see where some of these W.....'s have driven around fenced off area's to do donuts etc .

Or drive along some of our beaches to see the rubbish that is left behind and at the Finke desert race in the NT in one weekend over 4 ton of rubbish was pick up on the 1st clean up , inc fridges , signs endless cans & bottles ...to dam lazy & stupid to clean up after themselves !!!!

Who would want to let people enter these places ????
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 518864

Follow Up By: Member - mike g2 - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:55

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:55
Thanks Nick, fair point, must admit it'll be a big ask. I have noted few responses to this post, would have thought closure of tracks, camp + 4wd areas etc would be of a concern to community, is this also a sign of the times? There is a growing trend in c/van parks away from spaces for vans/tents towards cabins and 'transportable' units... ? because its more income or easier for owners. I have seen much rubbish on roadsides alone in many of our trips. A own (lone) round world sailor from WA noted some 2,000 k out to sea there was 'islands' of rubbish floating ..
no wonder some say were slowly destroying our selves. Oh well, time to put head back into hole...
MG.
FollowupID: 798894

Reply By: The Landy - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:28

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:28
Access has been closed in the southern section which crosses Bollard’s Lagoon Station, access across the Northern Section still appears possible...

One of the biggest issues facing property owners is the public liability risk they are exposed to. Getting insurance coverage, if available to them, might come at a substantial cost so the easiest thing to do is close access.

Of course, as stated earlier, some people don’t help the 4WD drive cause through their actions and disregard for the privilege of access...

Access to various tracks will always be under pressure because of both of these reasons, but increasingly as a consequence of public liability...

Such is the litigious world we live in today.
AnswerID: 518935

Reply By: Shaker - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:19

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:19
High incomes + low intellect, what can we expect?

AnswerID: 518939

Sponsored Links