Work on the cape

Hi all,i hope your enjoying your travels.
I intend to go up to the cape in May weather permitting.I would like to stay up there for approximately 4 months and visit as many places as possible.I have my own accommodation so that is not a problem.What are the chances of getting work at Weipa,Lockhart,Bamaga or Seisa during this time.I am not fussy what i do.I can do a bit of most things and i am a quick learner.What are the names of the local papers up there to look for work or who do you contact?I will be happy if i can get 3-5 hours work per day to afford my trip.Thanks all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: duck - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:40

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:40
Start searching now as a lot of seasonal/causal work goes to the backpackers as several company's represent them, If they work in remote areas there visa can be extended, thence why most of the stops on the cape have them, & they are quite happy to work long hours without days off so they can save.
A mate of mine applied for anything & got nothing so he flu up to TI & Bamaga in December 2009 & got 2 jobs within hrs of landing & ended up putting he's 4wd & van on the barge & is still up there.
Be warned that if you get a job at TI it better pay well as rental property's are few & you could probably rent the Sydney opera house cheaper

Good Luck I loved working up there in 1981
AnswerID: 518932

Sponsored Links