Coromal Magnum 402XC caravans

Submitted: Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 22:11
ThreadID: 104542 Views:5466 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi has anyone had experience good or bad with these vans?
Thanks in advance,
Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 09:29

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 09:29
G'day Ian
I had a Coromal Caravan with what they called their "famed" independent suspension.
Ok for general use although I did bend the axle on RHS on a pothole. A bit light in construction.

The 402 XC, I presume the XC is Cross Country.
It has similar suspension but made a bit stronger. Again probably ok for general use and some gravel roads but in my view not a Cross Country ie off road.
Carefully driven with suitable tyre pressure on rough outback roads may be OK.
The approach and departure angle is worth looking at as that will govern the dips and creek crossings you can negotiate without dragging the bum.

Not really XC, but you can take lots of vans many places with due care and slow travel.
AnswerID: 518983

Reply By: Member - john y - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 11:10

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 11:10
I have a coromal pioneer 511 which I believe preceded the Magnum range and the van has performed very well both off & on road. It has however two problems about which we have attempted to take up with Coromal who up to now have not even bothered to acknowledge my emails. Unfortunately the Dealer from whom we purchased the van and Coromal parted ways just after our purchase so no joy there.

Briefly the problems are that the boot and window covers are both splitting where the hinges are riveted to the covers. Secondly,and the most difficult to rectify is the aerial lead from the winegard antenna is joined to the aerial cable inside the roof cavity and the connection has been diagnosed by a licensed antenna as faulty but is inaccessible. He tried to pull the cable through the cavity but there is an obstruction and the cable will not move.The cable from the antenna into the roof is grey whereas the internal cable is black so there is a join.
Van O.K. Coromal not so.
AnswerID: 518989

Follow Up By: Member - john y - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 18:15

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 18:15
Pleased to say that Coromal have made contact and have acted promptly to arrange an inspection of our complaints.Some mix up over Emails but rectification was swift.Their actions are appreciated.
FollowupID: 798994

Reply By: southcoastie - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 14:32

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 14:32
Hi Ian, we purchased a 2012 Model Coromal Magnum 512XC in November last year and in the main we are happy with it. We had a couple of minor problems with the connection for the TV and the water pump triggering the LED lights, which we had remedied by a local repairer (we didn't take it back to the Dealer as we were'nt happy with his attitude). We contacted Coromal's head office in W.A. and they readily refunded the cost of the repairs and were happy to do so. Haven't yet done any serious off road trips yet, but as I said, we pleased with the van on the trips we have done so far. Cheers, Annie
AnswerID: 519009

Follow Up By: southcoastie - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 15:04

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 15:04
Meant to mention in the above post, husband is very happy with the suspension setup and says the van is a pleasure to tow. Annie
FollowupID: 798970

Sponsored Links