Wheel alignment

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:06
ThreadID: 10466 Views:1777 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Have a Parado 2001 Diesel, just recently had a wheel alignment and was told there is a problem with rear diff. out of line with front wheels?. Any one else had similar problem with any truck?. Truck is aligned and now runs o.k., I never experienced any crabbing.New truck. no smashes etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Phil G - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:20

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:20
Just wondering what was required to "realign" the front and rear wheels?

I know a lot of wheel aligners have 4-wheel aligners now, rather than 2-wheel, and are keen for you to opt for the 4-wheel option. Just costs a few bucks more.
AnswerID: 46448

Follow Up By: big bo - Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:27

Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:27
Thanks Phil G. Really could not do anything about the back axle/diff.just line the front wheels up as good as can with the back. Really did not notice anything wrong before and truck steers feels even better now. Had to have two goes and cost me $120 instead of the usual $50.
FollowupID: 308454

Reply By: Diamond(due to duck season) - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 18:01

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 18:01
gday big bo.
thers heaps ao vehicles where the diff is out of alignment from the front.
not really an issue unless its way out.
four wheel alignments are available but only to cars where the rear is adjustable.
honda crv ect and most other soft roaders.
they will also try to get you to pay extra for a thrust alignment waste of money.
ps i did wheel alignments for over ten years.
cheersdue to duck season coming
ive decided to hide out
love jemima puddle duck
back after the season
AnswerID: 46481

Follow Up By: big bo - Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:34

Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:34
Thanks Diamond, Yes my mechanic told me not to be to concerned, and have since learned, as you say, it is a common problem, just wonder how many people pay big bucks for their trucks and later, (if ever) depending where they take their truck for wheel alignment, learn of this problem. The last place i took truck for alignment only did the front and did not seem to check alignment of back with front (laser i am told).How can auto. companies justify big money for trucks and this problem?.
Toyota will be my next stop.
FollowupID: 308455

Sponsored Links