Insurance while on the road long term and contents are in storage

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:03
ThreadID: 104721 Views:1579 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

I am hoping someone can provide advice on an insurance dilemma.

We will soon be placing our house contents in storage with a reputable storage company and heading off on the road for 12 months. Our existing home contents insurer will cover the contents while in storage which is good as the premiums are much cheaper than the storage company.

However with goods in storage we lose accidental cover for contents so personal effects that we will take eg laptop, ipad, mobile phones are no longer covered.

We have car and caravan insurance with the same company that covers the contents but neither policy covers the personal effects adequately.

Has anyone else faced this dilemma of trying to find personal effects insurance for laptop, ipad, mobile phones whilst travelling long term and your goods are in storage. I would imagine that travel insurance for a year would be very expensive.

Thanks in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 13:53

Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 13:53
Papaata R - I have recently used InsureandGo for travel insurance and found their premiums to be exceptionally good, even on an annual basis.
Travelling within Australia only, will give you an even lower premium.
InsureandGo have three levels of cover which enables you to choose your style and degree of cover.
The companies premiums are age-related, which is pretty standard - but you'll find insurance is costly once you're over retirement age, regardless of who you deal with.
I had reason to make a modest claim upon an InsureandGo policy that I took out for overseas travel, and they were efficient to deal with, and paid out without any hassles.

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 519730

Sponsored Links