Getting a van to Perth From SA

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 13:56
ThreadID: 104725 Views:1402 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there, it's been a while since I posted here. We are in the process of buying a small Jayco Expander from SA but we need to get it to Perth.

We are working out time off work and calculating fuel expenses to go over and get it, but I thought I'd ask if anyone is driving over in the next month or so who could tow it over. For a fee of coarse.

If anyone is coming over this way and is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Muzz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 14:25

Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 14:25
Muzzgit - I bought a trailer from a bloke in Adelaide last year, and placed an ad in the "Community" section of Gumtree for someone to tow it to Perth for me.
A bloke who was working and living in Adelaide, but who was returning to W.A. to live and work, replied to the ad, and we arranged a deal whereby he brought it back for me.
He had a large TV that he wanted to bring with him, so he put it in the trailer.
I paid him $250, and he was chuffed and delivered it on time and without any problems.
I did have one respondent send me an abusive email - "Get someone else to deliver your drugs!" [:-)
Fortunately, not everyone thinks like him, and there's plenty of people out there who are happy to assist.
You would be well advised to make sure your caravan insurance covers the trip.

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 519733

Follow Up By: muzzgit - Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 19:56

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 19:56
Thanks Ron, after considering everything we have decided to have the van transported by truck.

Having paid $29000 for the van we thought it a bit foolish to let someone drive off with it without having met them.
FollowupID: 800269

Sponsored Links