Recommend a Toyota Dealer in the Brisbane Area

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 14:46
ThreadID: 104745 Views:1909 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,

I need to purchase a LC70 series workmate. Can anyone recommend a decent Toyota dealer in the Brisbane area please. Thanks in advance.

Will.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 15:18

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 15:18
Hi Will

I recently purchased a 79 Series Dual Cab.

My process was to do a “Term Sheet” detailing my precise requirements and sent it the three closest dealers to my home.

The terms sheet detailed a response required by time.

My criteria for selecting was not just based on price, as I suspected most would be similar anyway, but also weighted it towards how quickly they responded, and feedback received from others on each individual dealer.

In the end, I didn’t go with the cheapest, but the one that had the best response time, and feedback from others on the same dealership. Price wasn’t too different mind you.

The cheapest came back to me twice to ask for clarification of what I wanted (it was all listed if they could only read) and also told me sorry for being past the time limit, but they had been very busy! Discounted them immediately, if they were too busy to sell me the vehicle, what would it be like once I actually wanted some service.

Doesn’t specifically answer your question, but I would find it best to pick two or three in your area, as that way you can have it serviced by the supplying dealer, if you choose.

AnswerID: 519806

Reply By: Member - Rosco from way back - Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 16:17

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 16:17
I bought ours from Oldmac in Cleveland and they were a pleasure to do business with.
Southside came in a close second. Their price was the same but they missed the boat on interest rate ... both Toyota finance so go figure that one ??? Obviously they were trying to pad their commission for that component.

We are quite close to Southside so I have elected to use them for service and so far they have been top notch in that regard. I can't fault any aspect
AnswerID: 519813

Follow Up By: Member - Chris_K - Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 17:00

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013 at 17:00
A second vote for Oldmac in Cleveland...have bought the past three Landcruisers from them...we are closer to Downtown Toyota - so get our serviced there.

Chris
FollowupID: 800079

Reply By: Stevesub1 - Thursday, Oct 17, 2013 at 07:39

Thursday, Oct 17, 2013 at 07:39
There is a certain dealer south of Caloundra, north of North Lakes that did not refill our gearbox with oil when servicing our Troopy and did not want to know when the gearbox self destructed a little while later. There was not even a drop of oil in the gearbox and they said that the oil had migrated to the transfer case!!!!!!

We now go to the North Lakes Toyo dealer for our servicing for our Troopy and Camry and been happy with them.
AnswerID: 519845

Reply By: braggy - Thursday, Oct 17, 2013 at 07:58

Thursday, Oct 17, 2013 at 07:58
We did well with Southside Toyota, they did have the 76 series in stock (that helped)
Didn't have a trade or need finance so can't comment

I went to the internet (carsales.com) found cheapest on there, and they matched that price. don't get it serviced there cause I live Sunshinecoast.

Good luck ,they are a great truck Ken
AnswerID: 519848

Reply By: gelatr - Thursday, Oct 17, 2013 at 15:48

Thursday, Oct 17, 2013 at 15:48
I've bought a number of new Toyotas from both SciFleet and Southside. I got great deals from both but prefer SciFleet. I guess they aren't Australia's top selling Toyota Dealer for no reason.

I was at FarmFest in Toowoomba earlier this year and I was checking out some of the new Prados at the show and enquiring about pricing. I mentioned that I was interested in the Altitude model. The salesman from a local dealer informed me that I was dreaming as there was no such thing. When I stated that I was reliably informed after visiting SciFleet the weekend before that there was such a model (they had it sitting on the Showroom floor), the salesman scoffed and said that SciFleet give away their cars. That was music to my ears.

I hope you get a great deal regardless of where you go.

Geoff
AnswerID: 519864

Reply By: andoland - Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:53

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:53
I bought my Prado from Sci-Fleet at Albion and could not have asked for better service (albeit this was three years ago).

I contacted them by email, the salesman rang me to ask what I was after. I emailed him the specs including all the aftermarket gear like suspension, snorkel, bullbar, etc,. and in a couple of days he had a quote for me with everything I asked for.

The vehicle price was good and the accessory prices were all lower than I could get them myself. The company they use to supply and fit accessories can get whatever you want, i.e. not aligned to a specific brand.

I changed my mind a few times on some of the accessories and it was never any problem for the salesman. In fact he was so good I gave him a bottle of his favourite drop when I picked the car up for being so good to deal with.
AnswerID: 519910

Sponsored Links