TRUNDLE; TRUNDLE SHOWGROUNDS

Submitted: Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 14:14
ThreadID: 104774 Views:2299 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We will be visiting the Trundle area for a few days in the next week or so. Would appreciate general comment on Trundle itself and its surrounds, and the Trundle Showground from folk who have stayed there. Cheers. Lynton
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: baz&pud (tassie) - Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 16:07

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 16:07
LB (Qld)
We were at the Trundle Show Ground for three nights from the 5th September last for the local camp oven cook off.
Trundle is known for the width of its Main Street, some 60odd metres, a quaint town with old buildings but well worth the visit.
The camp area at the Show Ground is flat, grassy but open to the winds, but you can get between buildings with ease for shelter, there is power and water.
The facilities are basic but when we were there very clean, also has a dump point.
Payment can be made at the Super 7 Supermarket.
If travelling to Trundle from the north consider spending a night at Albert, and have a meal at The Rabbit Trap Hotel, well worth the stop over.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 519925

Follow Up By: Notso - Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 16:36

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 16:36
They say the reason they have such a wide main street was so the Bullock Teams could turn around.

Hope the Cafe there still makes great hamburgers for you to try.

Not too far from Trundle is Oootha where you can find the "Utes In The Paddock" well worth a look. Take the Yarrabandi Rd and it's about 42 ks.
FollowupID: 800239

Follow Up By: Member - Lynton B (QLD) - Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 17:50

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 17:50
Thank you baz&pud and Notso. Just the info I was seeking. Perfect! Shall stay at Trundle. As we will be travelling from the north will overnight also at Albert. Oootha is now on our itinerary too! Looking to having a meal at Albert and a 'burger at the Trundle café. Thanks again, very much indeed to you both!
FollowupID: 800246

Follow Up By: baz&pud (tassie) - Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 19:04

Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 19:04
Hey LB,
If you are going to Ootha to look at the utes in the paddock, you are not far from Condobolin, a few ks (4 or 5) west of there, there is a great camp spot called Gum Bend Lake, don't think there is power, but plenty of water and the conveniences are excellent.
By the way, at Albert you can stay in the van park opposite the hotel, or free camp out the back of the cvp.
Cheers
Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 800258

Sponsored Links