Cape York Trek Note Audit in Progress

Submitted: Friday, Oct 18, 2013 at 20:18
ThreadID: 104777 Views:1719 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on updating the Cape York trek note (massive changes to text occurred about 30 mins ago as a result of 2 days work) but my audit/update is far from complete.

This particular trek uses plot data for a loop trip starting and ending in Cairns and takes in the CREB, and includes lots of side trips to all the must-do remote Cape locations, and of course the OTL, and follows quite closely the route I"m personally familiar with (but is not using a file we've personally driven unfortunately). Upon close inspection, I've found it has an unnecessary diversion from Mossman to Cape Trib which I intend to remove - Cape Trib is visited on the return. But, after tidying up that bit, I think this trek is fine as the hardcore 4WD Cape York trek note (in terms of itinerary). I am looking for a new plot file however for this route if anyone can help?

I have decided that I'd also like to publish another two Cape York Trek Notes so that we can offer a separate trek for those who want to do the Peninsula Developmental Road (caravanners, those not prepared for the 4WD challenges, and those with less time), plus another 4WD variation without the CREB and without all the side trips but still including the OTL.

So - rather than put hours into manually modifying the route files in OziExplorer, does anyone have any tidy plot files that fit these criteria please?

Also - please add any pics/info to the list of Places shown in the TN - use the tabs "What to See & Do", and "Where to Stay" to locate the pages where you can upload your info. Thanks so much

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - David 221160 - Saturday, Oct 19, 2013 at 07:53

Saturday, Oct 19, 2013 at 07:53
Hi Michelle,
I read the following and this maybe what you are looking for for one of your new treks.
If you go to "1947 Trevor and Sue" blogg they done a trip with OZ Tours.
If you start at Saturday July 20th about half way through the bloog. It describes the tour they done and places they stayed at.
Hope this is of some help
Regards,
Dave
AnswerID: 519956

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 13:53

Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 13:53
I require GPS recorded track files from the Cape, rather than journal notes but thanks I'll take a look and see if they uploaded anything I can use.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 800486

Reply By: Rob K (VIC) - Saturday, Oct 19, 2013 at 08:22

Saturday, Oct 19, 2013 at 08:22
Hi Michelle, we just completed a trip to Cape York from Melbourne about 2 months ago and have a Oziexplorer plot of most of the trip including side trips to Captain Billy Landing and Chilli Beach. We came up via Newell Beach (Mossman) and did the Trib Tck, Lakefield NP (Kalpowar Crossing), PDR, OTL and all the way to the Tip. We returned to Melbourne via Karumba, Lawn Hill, Cloncurry, Longreach, Charleville, Bourke, Dubbo etc. You're welcome to have these plots to make something for your Trek Notes.

Cheers

Rob K
AnswerID: 519958

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 13:51

Monday, Oct 21, 2013 at 13:51
Can you email the plot file to me (.plt), or upload as a User Trek please. thanks Rob.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 800485

Sponsored Links