El;ross Caravans

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 19, 2013 at 22:24
ThreadID: 104794 Views:2186 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

The wife's brother ( a bachelor of senior age) is thinking of buying a small second hand Elross van. While we live in Perth we have no knowledge of their reputation or the pros and cons of this particular manufacturer.

Can anyone help with some information? Your advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rowdy6032 (WA) - Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:25

Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:25
Hi

You probably really need to hear from someone who has an Elross van but in the absence of that I will tell you what I know.

They have been around for some time and have an excellent reputation for building off road vans.

Some time ago we had a tour of their factory. We were impressed with the quality. They build to your specifications. At that time there was a long waiting list to have a van built.

Due to other commitments we did not go ahead.

Regards
Rowdy
AnswerID: 520046

Follow Up By: disco driver - Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:57

Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:57
A friend of mine bought one new, it was custom built and there was a long wait period before it was delivered.
Customers are welcome to inspect the factory and their van being built..
The finished product was a very well constructed and finished off road caravan.
If I was looking for a custom built van I would not go anywhere else in WA.
They were, and may still be, building work and accommodation vans for the WA govt departments.

As with all caravans secondhand a thorough inspection looking for water ingress, structural and chassis damage, electrical fittings and wiring and general wear and tear depending on the caravan's age is well worth doing.

Hope this helps

Disco.
FollowupID: 800410

Reply By: westskip - Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 14:33

Sunday, Oct 20, 2013 at 14:33
Many thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately the van he was looking at was sold yesterday (the day it was advertised) . This probably proives what good vans they are.
AnswerID: 520058

Sponsored Links