water pick up points Perth or heading out area?

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:04
ThreadID: 104844 Views:2302 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Looking for a couple of water pick up points in/near/outskirts of Perth area that is suitable for pulling in with a Caravan

We only have rain water available at home....looks like an aquarium last I looked ...but the shear volume and filtration on the house supply is not an issue

Have never put it in the 'van tanks and not about to start....hence the need to fill up once off on a trip

We know of pick up points that are free, easy access and good water at Kalgoorlie, Carnarvon, Leonora, Burracoppin...but somewhere heading out of Perth on either of the NW Coastal or the Grt. Eastern Highways would be handy.........even a couple of hundred km's out is ok...we never leave totally empty

Thanks
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 14:25

Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 14:25
Hi Bungarra, you are welcome to fill up at our place, tank rain water. Wanneroo. leave me a member message if interested. Cheers
AnswerID: 520245

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 15:40

Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 15:40
You can use our taps too Bungarra.

Handy if you're heading east, not north.

Provided we are home of course.......

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 520249

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 15:46

Wednesday, Oct 23, 2013 at 15:46
Likewise at my place if your heading up via the Tonkin Hwy south to the Roe Hwy. Just MM me for the address.

Cheers

Dunc

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 520250

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:44

Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:44
Hi Bungarra

If you can't take up one of those kind offers, most towns have a water fill point - ask at the visitor centre. Not all taps in towns are potable water as alternatives can be provided to parks and gardens, and these are the taps some caravanners find. We usually fill at servos when re-fuelling, but ask first in case they don't have a suitable tap or its position would block the traffic flow to the bowsers.

We likewise have only rainwater at home, but as it is only plumbed into the house not the garden taps (which are on well water), it is hard for us to fill. We prefer rain water to chemical infused town water. Last time we filled at our son's house as he has outside taps on his tanks with a powerful pressure pump. Big mistake - we blew up one of the tanks, but in an older van I suspect the plastic is becoming brittle and we plan to replace all tanks before doing another big trip.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 520290

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 at 23:19

Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 at 23:19
Thanks to all of you for your kind offer.....next time we are heading out I will seriously consider these offers

cheers
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 520303

Sponsored Links