another tyred thread so to speak of

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 29, 2013 at 14:39
ThreadID: 104914 Views:2738 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi
spent an enjoyable day at the Brunswick show w.a Saturday 26/10/13 in perfect show weather conditions
while there had a look at yet another tyre brand i hadn't seen before
on display at 'wrek kings' Bunbury - site they are agents for maxtrek brand car and 4wd tyres made in china
the 8ply tyre had a tread pattern almost identical to bfg's AT tread with protection lugs on side walls but I thought the side walls below the lugs felt very thin and very flexible compared the bfg's as I remember
be interesting to see whether they will stand up to a pounding of the side walls in outback track conditions in aired down situations

will be interesting to see how they perform off-rd 285x75x16 $149.00 each available in every rim size
looked up maxtrek tyres on google and a site called
www.tyretraders.com.au
came up
they sell a huge range of popular brands including above and will freight them anywhere with an online freight calculator

anyone used or tried them yet off-rd ?????????
no connection with either above companies
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MUZBRY- Life member(Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:18

Wednesday, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:18
Gday Mazcan
I have had two sets of Chinese tyres so far and not had a skerrick of trouble. They have been great off road , but seem to be a bit slippery on wet bitumen, but then we drive to the conditions . Both sets are going to get to 70,000 km , not bad for the price.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 520601

Reply By: Ron N - Wednesday, Oct 30, 2013 at 14:12

Wednesday, Oct 30, 2013 at 14:12
The Chinese got all their tyre-building technology and machinery from the established brands of tyre manufacturers - but there are still some Chinese tyre brands that are not up to scratch as regards tyre compound durability.
However, all Chinese tyres have to meet the US DOT standards, and the Americans are pretty strict on tyre requirements.

I've gone through sets of Australian-made Dunlops that I reckon would have exceeded the worst Chinese quality, by far.
One set of Dunlops I had, the carcass separated in every tyre, the result was giant bulges in the tyres that produced thumping and imbalance like I've never seen or experienced before.
It's little wonder we no longer manufacture any tyres in Australia, with the crap we manufactured here.

I have a good mate who runs a Mack-powered 120 tonne triple road train Perth to Pt Hedland, and he's been doing this for probably 25 yrs that I can recall.
He uses Chinese Double Coin truck tyres and claims they're the best thing since sliced bread.
Not off-road, I know - but if the Chinese can build a truck tyre that can handle full loads over 2200 kms in temperatures up to 45 deg, it indicates the Chinese can produce as good a tyre as any other top brand.
AnswerID: 520627

Sponsored Links