Review: Peak Charles National Park Camp Area

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 29, 2013 at 22:32
ThreadID: 104919 Views:1462 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

My Place Rating: My Rating 3/5

We visited Peak Charles campground in October 2013 during the middle of the school holidays.
Missing the turn off in coming down from Norseman, we took the '4wd track' instead 8kms further down the road.
Which wasn't too bad in the dry, just a few patches where it was obvious others had become bogged during the wet season etc. We took the 'normal' track on the way out and are lucky to have any fillings left!
The corrugations were dreadful... I would hate to see the results on a caravan!
I would take the other track again if there hadn't been any rain for a while.
The campground was clean and tidy with only one other group there.
Recent upgrades have occurred apparently with camping sites being designated instead of camping where ever you like.
Most sites seem to be intended for either small footprint dome tents or camper trailers with adjustable legs.
Trying to find a level area to pitch a larger footprint tent was difficult. This won't be an issue if you don't mind sleeping at an angle.
The 'slow closers' on the toilet doors mean when 5 children (or their mum) leave the door to close itself - it gets within an inch of the jam then BANGS! shut very loudly. This gets a tad tedious after a few hours/days ;)
We had 2 perfect days then for some unknown reason when we walked out of the tent on day 3 we couldn't breathe for millions of little flies - be prepared with an insect net on your hat!
Otherwise it is a very pleasant place to stay with lovely surroundings & fantastic views.
Large fire rings and picnic tables.
BYO water and firewood (in season)
[Image cannot be loaded]
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links