Coromal caravan dimensions

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 02:28
ThreadID: 104988 Views:7378 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I am in the market for a 2nd hand van with bunks for the wife and 2 kids. Would prefer a full van if possible but am limited for height and width in my shed. I only have about 2.75m of width and 2.6m of height available. Add to this the fact that there is very few of them around makes it a bit difficult to find one.

One van I am looking at is a Coromal Lifestyle 600. The guy selling it has measured it for me and says that it is 2.3m high. The van is a full van but does not have a roof top air con. It also has 14" wheels. What I would like to know is if anyone else has one of these vans or a similar Coromal and find out how they are so that I can check it against this? Also I am a little concerned with the width of the van. I have heard that Coromal vans are a bit wider than normal? Is anyone able to tell me how wide the coromals are please?

I havent' been able to see the van yet as i'm waiting for a couple of days off so I can travel to inspect it and measure it myself. So if anyone could help would be great.

Cheers,
Jon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pradobob - Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:27

Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:27
G'day JM,
I can't imagine a full height Coromal coming in at 2.3m high.
According to the latest specs posted on the Coromal website, the Lifestyle series are 2.9m high X 2.4m wide. This may not be correct for an older model. One would hope that the 2.4m width also includes a fitted awning.

http://www.coromal.com.au/caravans/lifestyle/technical-specs/

2.4m width doesn't go into a 2.75m shed opening all that easily, over a length of some 7m total, so you probably need a narrower van as well!

Some of the old Excel series poptops (about 5.4m long x 2.1m high X 2.2m wide) might be better for you.
Good vans. My mate just bought an immaculate 2003 Excel 18 footer (twin axle) for less than $30,000, with en-suite, annexe and solar array. They come in all sorts of layouts. We have to guide him in and out of a 2.5m gate opening when he comes nad goes.
I've also seen a couple of Excel 511s (single axle) with rear double and twin bunks at the front, which turn into a lounge for versatility.
I'm no expert, but I hope this helps.
Cheers and happy hunting,
Bob
AnswerID: 520876

Follow Up By: Pradobob - Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:30

Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:30
Whoops!
I hate typos.
nad = and!!

Sorry ( I'm a teacher!)
Bob
FollowupID: 801454

Follow Up By: jmharris - Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 21:05

Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 21:05
That does definitely help. I somehow think that the guy selling the van may have gotten his measurements wrong. I really think that I will have to end up going to a pop-top. The excel you mentioned does sound good.

Cheers,
Jon
FollowupID: 801497

Sponsored Links