Bushranger hand winch

Submitted: Monday, Apr 29, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1050 Views:3033 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi,

does anyone have any experience with this product. i have a subaru outback which is about 1.5T (which is right at the load limit for the product).

it just seems very chaep but i cant see myself spending 6 or seven hundred dollars on one either!!

any help appreciated.

c.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve- Monday, Apr 29, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 29, 2002 at 00:00
Don't have experience with Bushranger, but do have a Big Haul. They do they job adequately, but you'll get big muscles (why I now have an electric). Benefits are you can pull the vehicle in any direction. The 1.5 tonne is fairly standard. Remember you won't pull all that weight, as the wheels take most of it. If you have to break suction, like deeply bogged in mud, then use a snatch block or two.....and always dig out in the direction of the pull. They are great little insurance policies.
AnswerID: 3202

Follow Up By: Chris Schulz - Monday, Apr 29, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 29, 2002 at 00:00
thanks... the bushranger is only $95 thats what scares me... i think the big haul is about 400 right...

c.
FollowupID: 1285

Follow Up By: Colin - Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Apr 30, 2002 at 00:00
The critcal factor in winching is having something to winch to. I bogged a work Troppie in Pilbara 'wet cement'. Took 5 hours to get out with an electric winch, no trees but fortunately some large boulders were wedged together - lots of digging and jacking with a high lift jack. I wished I had had 3 star pickets to use !! We broke off the side rollers trying to winch a little to one side!
I have a Subaru and I think a small hand winch used with snatch blocks would get you out of most problems.
FollowupID: 1290

Sponsored Links