Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 05, 2013 at 22:23
ThreadID: 105004 Views:1269 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks for your feed back David, the maps do look impressive. Unfortunately I am no computer guru so I hope you don't mind me asking possibly stupid questions. Can I assume that the Samsung galaxy S4 already has compatible viewing software built-in. I am just thinking if I may be better to wait for the EOTopo +. It appears that it will have more features when released. At around $95 for each purchase plus some half price upgrades over the next 2 years, it could become a bit expensive ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 11:35

Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 11:35
George,

No the Android device will need OziExplorer for Android costs USD$25 directly from the OziExplorer site. It is a great release of Ozi, as per the other thread I have been using it as our primary mapping program for the last year or more.

The EOTopo+Plus product will come in two formats, 1 the full EOTopo 200K and the Plus add on, 2 the Plus add-ons for user already using EOTopo 200K. So it will make no difference if you buy it now or later.

I expect the upgrades to be less than $40 and it all comes down to the SD/USB pricing we can secure at the time. These devices are still expensive when you want to purchase the fastest ones. So this part alone equates to about $20 of the purchase and upgrade price. But having said this you do not have to take all upgrades you may wait for 2 or more years then buy an upgrade to the map product. The Plus product will be compatible with all versions of the maps regardless of the release. Plus will be upgraded via download and will be constantly changing as updates to Places are received.

I hope this helps make it clearer.

Also George as mentioned in my last reply please use Discussion and not review when submitting and you can reply directly in these threads via the forum or using the Read Responses links in the EOTopo page.

Thanks for your interest.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 520938

Sponsored Links