gps garmin street pilot 111

Submitted: Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 02:03
ThreadID: 10501 Views:3185 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi all gps experiences welcome have full specs on street pilot111 unit and am impressed , can be linked to laptop , any one with experience would be sweet rather be fishing
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 15:31

Friday, Feb 13, 2004 at 15:31
I have the Garmin GPS V, which is similair to the streetpilot 3 in that it can have auto routing etc... I am very impressed with the GPS V, but would purchase the streetpilot 3 if buying again today.

The SP3 has dropped significantly in price since it was released, only $1450 now (was ~$3500). My GPS V was ~$1100 at the time and does not have the street level mapping, thats an extra $500 for the CD that comes standard on the SP3. Also the SP3 has the bigger colour screen than the relatively small grey scale on the GPS V plus voice commands (voice an advantage??) .

The only downside of the SP3 is its relatively bulky size and where it can be mounted (would be hard to fit on top of the steering wheel shroud where my GPS V is). As far as funtionality etc... goes, its top of the range with its removable memory cards etc..

I do not think you would regret it, but there are cheaper GPS's on the market with less features if $$$ is a concern.

Cheers

MarkNissan 2003 GU 3.0TD
Windsor Rapid Offroad
AnswerID: 46605

Follow Up By: Member - jtb - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 02:18

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 02:18
tks captain good feedback (shift worker) jtbrather be fishing
FollowupID: 308562

Reply By: Member - Mike W (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 21:24

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 21:24
I have a Street Pilot 3 , but I have only used it when I went to Melbourne and hired a car for a week. Gladys gave us great voice prompts and only got confused once among the tall buildings downtown .
I was hoping that I would be able to use the unit for outback travel , but my enquiries led me to a dead end .
I am not sure you can rig it to a laptop and use it just as a GPS . It sounds plausable though .
Regards,
Mike

PS Wish I was fishing for barra .
AnswerID: 46717

Sponsored Links