SA CFS Maps on a HN6

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 12:56
ThreadID: 105017 Views:2169 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experince with putting CFS maps (.ecw format) on a HN6?

We are looking at getting one for my brigades appliance and so we are able to see our position on a moving map, particularly useful when our brigade is on a strike team operating in an unfamiliar area.

I have a HN5 but the included maps are only the 250k maps rather than the 50k detail that we need to see fire tracks.

Hema site says you can but mentions that the performance of ecw maps isn't as good as ozf.

http://hema.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/110/0/oziexplorer-4wd-mode---adding-extra-oziexplorer-4wd-maps-to-the-navigator

Any idea what sort of detail/clarity we can expect, will it be similar to the printed map book?

Thanks

Alex
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 13:34

Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 13:34
Hi

No direct experience but my guess is the maps will be identical to the printed map book...the paper versions would have originated from the digital versions.

Load them up and see...what have you got to lose ?

If you find the ecw format is "slow" convert them to ozf using the free conversion program HERE

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 520943

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 14:18

Wednesday, Nov 06, 2013 at 14:18
Hi Alex

If they are the same maps that are produced by the National Parks, then yes no problems what so ever. I have put the Yorke Peninisula, Kangaroo Island and the Mid North maps onto my HN6 and they work a treat.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 520945

Reply By: Andrew D. - Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 05:49

Friday, Nov 08, 2013 at 05:49
Lot better to convert the ECW files into OZF4.
Software to convert the maps is available free on www.oziexplorer.com
AnswerID: 521080

Sponsored Links