NCE Windows

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 09:13
ThreadID: 105057 Views:3031 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We recently purchased a new Supreme Spirit caravan that has had NCE windows installed. During the purchase process we tried to clarify what were the best options/decisions to make of which the window type selection was one. We had been advised that these were the "good" windows. The question is really what type of exterior cladding is suitable to allow the use of the NCE windows.
Our cladding is not the smooth sided type - it has the raised rib in the horizontal plane which I presume gives it more strength.
The problem with this is the rubber seal around the window cannot properly follow the profile of the exterior cladding and thus cannot seal against water.
Supreme did offer to supply me with 3 tubes of silicone or to quickly pump some sealant in for me (2 hours for the whole van).
Not comfortable with this patch up solution and looks like will get no other help (financially).
Does anybody have any experience on how to seal windows that were not designed for the instance where they have been applied ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Racey - Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 09:32

Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 09:32
Peter, no windows fit the ribbed siding. Flattening the ribs around the windows etc and sealing with silicon is standard manufacture. If it's done properly they won't leak.

Cheers
Racey
AnswerID: 521157

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 13:21

Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 13:21
If you are concerned about leaking...hit it with the hose & check it out. Any leaks are a
warranty issue. A friend had two Supremes...both leaked & this was never fixed properly,even under warranty so he got rid of them....cheers...oldbaz.
AnswerID: 521167

Follow Up By: Peter D25 - Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 09:06

Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 09:06
Thanks Oldbaz.
Did put the hose on the windows & got a shock at the amount of water coming in.
I can why they were not fixed properly - they do not seem capable nor want to spend anything to fix the problems.
I will fix via third party.
Good luck to you.
FollowupID: 801871

Reply By: 2weis - Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 15:18

Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 15:18
have you approached nce direct
stanley drive somerton vic 3062 0393087444
brian
AnswerID: 521182

Reply By: andysgu - Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 17:17

Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 17:17
Hi Peter my advise remove the window fill the void in between the cladding and the frame with silicione sealing that area making sure no water can enter . Don't just worry about the windows do all the edgemoulds access doors water tank inlets etc. Don't forget what they say " Lifes a dream when you own a Supreme " just keep of the spicy foods
AnswerID: 521185

Reply By: Andrew D. - Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 19:52

Saturday, Nov 09, 2013 at 19:52
Had an acquaintance last year with new Supreme caravan. Nothing but nightmares and leaks and failure to repair. Supreme are RVMA member so you have little chance of getting satisfactory repair or warranty
Sealing windows or any other opening needs to be done by somebody experienced in the industry. Supplying you 3 cartridges of silicone is disgusting but expected from RVMA member.
Reason Jayco have such an incredible share of the caravan market and increasing. Jayco fix and repair everything properly as they are NOT an RVMA member. Jayco warranty is awesome.
AnswerID: 521189

Reply By: gqturbo - Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 08:31

Sunday, Nov 10, 2013 at 08:31
Never use silicone to seal caravan windows, use a non hardening mastic. if you use silicone you will never be able to remove windows easily again
to do the job properly remove window, clean off original sealant and start again.
Brian
AnswerID: 521202

Sponsored Links