New Led Minibeam

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 17:29
ThreadID: 105096 Views:2593 Replies:9 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
What can you say on the quality of led light in this video? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm not sure if its worth the money I'm gonna spend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7XzyZB6WEM
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 17:57

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 17:57
I haven't viewed the video but it would be almost impossible to compare or evaluate the light output of anything with video and then with a computer replaying it.

Just not a realistic method of evaluation, that's all.
AnswerID: 521309

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 08:19

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 08:19
You apparently are determined to trash this without looking at it. Glad I saw it though.
Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 802040

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 18:08

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 18:08
Who knows if that is animated or not, but I got a Sony Camcorder which has a built in projector in the flap that's used for the display. The miniaturisation in it is amazing. The projector lens its self is about 10mm x 15 mm.

When I bought the camera I thought it would be a gimmick, but it projects a sharp image up to about a 100 inch display from movies you take, or from my Android tablet via HDMI. We have set up a big outdoor screen in the middle of the bush more than once and watched Life of Brian etc.

It is a long way from digital projectors even a few years ago.
AnswerID: 521310

Reply By: Bludge - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 18:09

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 18:09
thanks a fun video to watch. (its a projector :) )
AnswerID: 521311

Reply By: Ross M - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 18:24

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013 at 18:24
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Double-up Post Removed Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 521313

Reply By: Echucan Bob - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:12

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:12
Evesan

I don't know what these LEDs cost, but I reckon you'd be better off with your OEM headlights and a good pair of spotties.

Bob

AnswerID: 521356

Follow Up By: landseka - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:37

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:37
Ha ha, you're funny. How do you propose to get the movies out of them?????

I enjoyed that vid, very clever.

Cheers Neil
FollowupID: 802044

Reply By: yarda - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:21

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:21
About a year ago a workmate got the Samsung Beam mobile phone, we thought it might be a it gimmicky BUT WOW it is fantastic, projects very clearly a 50 inch or bigger image and playing hd movies etc it is awesome at night. Comes with a second battery and dual batt charging dock because the only negative is that of course the projector sucks the juice dry after a few hours.

Out in the bush, Bluetooth linked to the stereo and running off the car charger it would be great.
AnswerID: 521360

Reply By: John and Regina M - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 15:02

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 15:02
Please buy one.
Then review it for the rest of us.

So why are you considering it? Need another piece of useless crap? Perhaps have an immediate use for it?
AnswerID: 521367

Reply By: Bazooka - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 20:56

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2013 at 20:56
Would be a perfect addition to those tricked up cars which bounce around on their suspensions. The novelty and observer reactions would be worth the investment for those guys and gals.
AnswerID: 521389

Reply By: Ron N - Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 17:33

Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 17:33
Evesan is nothing more than a sneaky advertising troll, and he/she would be getting a kickback from LG for sneaking this YouTube ad into the forum.
I think the moderators need to be advised, I've had threads deleted for nothing more than saying I had an item for sale.
AnswerID: 521452

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 18:33

Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 18:33
Hi Ron. It's probably relevant to point out that you had posts removed because you ignored the rules of the forum to offer things for sale. Simple as that.

The squad has reviewed the post and feel that it is appropriate given that the OP has sought advice. Yes it's drawing your attention to a product that may not appear specifically "4x4" (and could therefore be considered O/T) but it is a product considered relevant to the site as many travellers are using video cameras and video equipment these days (as is obvious by the responses in the post).

It is not inciting you to buy or promoting a specific outlet. It fact it doesn't say "I have these for sale" anywhere. Heaven help them if they are trying to gain income from something that has already had over 3 million hits.

Sometimes a difficult call but in this case we're calling it OK.

Thank you,

The Squad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 802138

Follow Up By: Ron N - Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 18:52

Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 18:52
You're more generous than I would be, ModSquad. I've been a forum moderator on other forums for over a decade, and I can smell spammers a kilometre away.
The OP is linking to the YouTube video to try and increase its viral rating even more - and what better way than a popular forum.
I'll even wager the OP is a first time poster on the forum and only registered in the last day or two.

http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2013/11/12/lg-minibeam-projector-commercial/
FollowupID: 802144

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 22:28

Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 at 22:28
As we said Ron, we don't get it right all the time, but are prepared to make a value judgement based on content, value and benefit to the forum despite the nefarious undertones you imply. As long standing members of the site, we have some experience at these things and have been charged to make that call. We also take the opportunity to seek consensus amongst the group of mods as a sense check if you like. Many of those points you make are prime considerations and in fact, any member can ascertain the number of posts made by the postee by a simple search on the front end forum page. Perhaps you could have a look at the tab that outlines moderation policy for the EO site, it articulates the policy quite clearly and surprisingly this is just near the tab about the forum rules you managed to ignore despite all your forum experience elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice, you're most probably right. Still considered of value though.

If you'd like to contribute, perhaps you could become a member and
through consistent and positive contribution over time, you may be approached to be a mod on the site here as well! Stranger things have happened ;-)

Thanks again.

The squad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 802163

Sponsored Links