How to convert 'stuff'

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 00:21
ThreadID: 10513 Views:1961 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
A while back there was a post about converting L/100km to MPG etc. Here is a site with a few more conversions.

http://hemsidor.torget.se/users/b/bohjohan/convert/conv2_e.htm#fuel
Subaru Forester
"size isn't everything"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dennis (Brisbane) - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 00:36

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 00:36
and also

http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/
AnswerID: 46650

Follow Up By: V8troopie - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 01:51

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 01:51
And lots more here, at the bottom of the page:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tempconv.html

These are tables within tables of almost anything you'd think of to calculate or convert.

Klaus
FollowupID: 308561

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 22:20

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 22:20
Dennis, convert is a good little tool too I now have on my laptop. Thanks.Regards

JohnR - Not enough of the right travelling, some here..... some over there.......
FollowupID: 308674

Reply By: Member - JohnR - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 08:46

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 08:46
Wondered what all the fuss was about cos I have been using YAUC for years on a Palm systems pocket computer............... Yet Another Unit Converter. A free converter too that is so useful for hundreds of conversions including "that one"

Listed alphabetically from Acceleration to Yarn Density, have not used that one to see that it handles yarns from here. YAUC is free, not shareware.Regards

JohnR - Not enough of the right travelling, some here..... some over there.......
AnswerID: 46656

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 19:10

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 19:10
Thanks John,

Installed this on my Palm C. Very useful! Now when I read US web sites about cars I can easily convert there HP to KW or Cubic inches to litres and so-on. Fantastic!

Any other useful little palm apps for travelling???

StevenLPlaydoe GXL TD Manual
It's on order, Delivery in April '04.
This pic will have to do till then. Can't wait!!!
FollowupID: 308662

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 22:08

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 22:08
Steven, the only things I really use are MobiMate WorldMate which came with my Sony and Tide Tool which is another freeby. WorldMate is teriffic OS for all conversions from currency to time. Tide Tool depends where you want to snorkel or fish of course, is a great little tool www.toolworks.com.bilofsky/tidetool.htm I do also use Docs to go too for spreadsheets and word docs and powerpoint too

Can't stand email on any pocket computer or phone so the laptop power goes with me, now being a lightweight 1.6kgRegards

FollowupID: 308672

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 22:24

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 22:24
Good stuff.

I found Tide Tool about 6 months ago. Very useful. My dad cannot believe that I can tell him what the tide is going to be at any time on any date at most towns around the entire Oz coastline for the next ten years, all from the Palm Pilot that he thinks is just a flash looking calculator! Thoroughly recommend it to all fishos and anyone driving 4bys on the beach.

Probably won't use WorldMate as I don't go OS. There is a lifetime's worth of touring just in Oz. I actually use it more to pass some downtime relaxing while camped playing Solitaire and Majongg.

I tried doing email and browsing on the Palm and while I could do it, it is much much easier on a laptop due to bigger screen, modem works better, can store stuff on hard drive. Palm communications is just not quite there yet!

Thanks for the tips.

StevenLPlaydoe GXL TD Manual
It's on order, Delivery in April '04.
This pic will have to do till then. Can't wait!!!
FollowupID: 308675

Sponsored Links