Hail Damaged Camper Trailer

Submitted: Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 03:54
ThreadID: 105170 Views:3067 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My camper trailer has just been through a huge storm with tennis ball sized hail. AS a result the car is now a write off and the camper tent section is very stretched and sagging with dimples all over it. Has anyone had experiences with this and is it repairable. I am insured through CIL, is it worth claiming this on insurance? Has anyone had similar dealings as this with CIL? Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 06:22

Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 06:22
My experience with CIL (although not currently insured with them) has been good. I would be talking to a couple of van/trailer repairers in your area to find out what your next step is, be guided by there feedback, then contact CIL......... that's why you paid for insurance....for cases like this
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 521632

Reply By: olcoolone - Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 08:08

Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 08:08
Why wouldn't you claim...... I am pretty sure the damage will be greater than your excess.

In most cases the canvas will get replaced with a new canvas.
AnswerID: 521639

Follow Up By: Member - Sn00py2 (NSW) - Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:50

Monday, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:50
Totally agree,

A few years ago I had a similar problem with the canopy on my boat. The canvas was not only dented and stretched but also the lining got broken. I was with GIO at the time and they replaced the canopy with no questions asked. Just sent in a few photo's with the claim and 2 quotes and they approved it on the spot.

Regards,

Snoopy2
FollowupID: 802383

Sponsored Links