spare battery for Challenger

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 16:42
ThreadID: 10520 Views:1938 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I have a 2001 Challenger with ABs and needless to say room under the bonnet is tight. I'm looking for a method of alternate battery power for camping and remote starting - without storing in back of car (not practical with all the camping gear etc).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Eric - Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:52

Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:52
Jumper pack inder your seat or enev under the bonnet , its tight for a second battery , a friend did manage to do this , ill have a look monday to see were he put it .Venus Bay
AnswerID: 46775

Reply By: Murfa - Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 22:28

Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 22:28
I have the November 2003 challenger, a newer model, but same sort of room under the bonnet, also found it very hard to find products for it, but slowly making it better. Have a cargo barrier, TJM suspesion with slight lift, cooper st tyres, rear areb air locker, just to name a few mods. I'm looking for a good LR fuel tank, and bull bar. I have also found the TJm snorkel for the triton will fit the challenger. But back to the point, opposit Lock have a great duel battery system, put a new tray against the firewall, next to the charcole canister, and move the original battery to this tray, then they put a larger battery in the existing tray, about twice the size of the original. The only problem at this stage is cost, I don't have a spare $900 to have it fitted, does anybody know a cheaper option...I live in Brisbane Queensland.
AnswerID: 46969

Sponsored Links