Diesel Injector replacement

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 01, 2013 at 21:27
ThreadID: 105338 Views:2081 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hey guys and gals.

i have a 2005 mazda bravo 2.5TD.

it is coming up to the big 200,000 service and i need some advice. when i get my service done im going to get everything replaced as per usual but also get all belts and radiator hoses replaced. this is so that i have some spare for when i do cape york next year.

my question is: do i replace my injectors? im not sure how to tell whether i need them replaced or not? i have been given a quote to get them replaced for $500 including fitment.

is there any other things that i should get looked at or replaced at the same time?

thanks

Max
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 02:20

Monday, Dec 02, 2013 at 02:20
Max - A fuel injection place will be able to test your injectors for pop-off pressure and spray pattern - but if they're original at 200,000kms, you'd be well advised to replace them.
For $500 fitted, it will be a good investment in improved power, cleaner exhaust and possibly slightly improved fuel economy.

Other important items to do:

Valve clearances - these should be done every 100,000kms. The difference in performance will surprise you, and they are one of the most neglected engine services of all.

Cooling system condition. It's likely a good cooling system flush will be of benefit. New coolant of the OEM recommended variety.

Brakes. Check lining/pad wear and rotor thickness.

Wheel bearings and seals. Check and replace as required.

Steering components check for wear and loose fasteners.

Universal joints and tailshaft condition (wear in slip yokes, tailshaft balance).

Overall check for fastener tightness on all suspension components. Leaf springs in particular.

Check for chafing rubber hose or fuel lines, and make sure all hose and line clips are in place and secure.

Fix any oil leaks.

Transmission and diff oil change. By dropping the oils out, you can see if any problems are developing (oil like silver paint means bearings are on the way out).
Dropping the original oil out, even if Mazda say you never have to do it, prolongs transmission and diff life.

Replace wiper blades. Ensure windscreen washers are working properly.

Check all globes for operation and light lenses for dustproofing. Seals on lenses go hard and dry, and let dust and water into lights, creating corrosion and lighting problems.

Not a comprehensive list by any means, but a good basic list - and I'm sure others will add more advice.

Cheers, Ron.

AnswerID: 522442

Reply By: Scrubrat6 - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 09:36

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2013 at 09:36
I have just had the injectors replaced in my 2006 Navara D40 2.5TD. $600 per injector plus $600 fittment. Total cost $3,000.Ouch
AnswerID: 522508

Sponsored Links