Barrett sb250rc

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 09:00
ThreadID: 10536 Views:2249 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have details on how to program RX frequencies for this set?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Topcat (WA) - Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 13:48

Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 13:48
Hi Keith. You have to go to a radio tech shop which has an authorised technician to set up the frequencies you require. Any of the communications shops which deal in H.F. comms & are Barrett dealers will do it for a small fee. I think it is around $50 for the 12 channels on the 250. Only takes a couple of minutes to do. Usually done while you wait if they are not too busy. You will need to be a VKS-737 member to be able to use their frequencies & have an Outpost Radio Licence to use the RFDS frequencies. Both licences do not require testing. Also applies to all RadTel frequencies. CheersHave Wheels Will Travel
AnswerID: 46781

Reply By: Darryn - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:55

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:55
Hi Keith, Topcat isn't quite right. If you want to add Listen Only (RX) channels you can do it via the keypad. The instructions are in the manual. If you don't have a manual I can get the info as my Dad has a SB250RC. It is possible to program Transmit frequencys yourself but I haven't found the info yet, I belive it requires removal of a jumper lead in the remote head but I don't know which one.
Regd's Darryn
AnswerID: 47027

Sponsored Links