Prado Duel Batteries

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:33
ThreadID: 10538 Views:2389 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Am looking at installing duel batteries to 90 Series Prado. After searching have found that Piranha have a setup but it requires a duel battery cradle with a smaller cranking battery and only a small deep cycle battery(not ideal IMO). Have read of shifting cannister to the fire wall and modifying air con pipes but am reluctant to do so.Would it be an option to install second battery in the cargo area in seperate battery box. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers OZNNZ

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:48

Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:48
A second battery in the back. The only safe option is a $400 Gel battery that will not spill acid or fumes in the cargo area. (fire hazzard also). Piranha and any other manufacture of battery cradles look at all the options, they would fit the biggest battery possible.

Wayne
AnswerID: 46771

Reply By: AK - Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 17:41

Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 17:41
Shift the charocol cannister and the tubing. All the instructions come with the battery craddle kit ( opposite lock I think ). I did this in mine and it works a treat. I had a 2nd battery in the cargo area of my first 4x4 and it was a pain in the neck.

AK
AnswerID: 46797

Reply By: Phil G - Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 19:36

Sunday, Feb 15, 2004 at 19:36
Agree with AK. BT12 is the model of the battery tray you need. Opposite Lock have them. You're obviously talking about the V6. Diesels don't need any of that.

Other Prado owners I know just fit the biggest N70 battery in the standard spot and have a low voltage cutout on the fridge, and don't worry about a second battery. Its OK if you've got a modern fridge and do some driving every day.

Photos of the BT12 are on the Prado group
AnswerID: 46804

Sponsored Links