Magellan Meridian GPS

Submitted: Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:14
ThreadID: 10564 Views:1948 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
To all you Meridian experts out there a couple of questions.
Yesterday, on a trip from Cataby across to Wedge Island I decided to save the the Track stored in the GPS to a Route. This worked fine and I can view the track on the map screen.
I could not find any obvious way of naming this new route in the menu or in the instruction manual. What am I missing here?
Also when I do this trip again and activate the Route does the GPS prompt me to go to the next leg or does the Route run automatically as I drive it, displaying the next leg as I get to it?Hilux Dualcab, 3 litre diesel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:39

Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:39
Scooby,
When you activate the route as far as I can remember it directs you to the next marker in the route, when you reach it a little note comes up on the screen, you press enter and the GPS goes onto the next leg, or if you don't press enter as soon as you pass a certain distance down the next leg the GPS automatically goes onto the next leg, if that makes sense.
The naming bit is done when you go into the route screen and press menu I think, the help menu on the GPS is very good and runs you through this. I've found the thing to remember is to press the menu button in each screen because the menu's change all the time it's not the same one for all screens.
Hope this helps a bit. Keep the shiny side up
AnswerID: 46870

Follow Up By: Member - Scooby (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2004 at 14:27

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2004 at 14:27
Martyn,
Thanks for your input.
I had another go at naming the route last night. Tried pressing menu but no joy as yet. I found an edit function but no way to change the name.
The help function is pretty good but no reference to naming routes.
There must be something obvious that I am missing.
ScoobyHilux Dualcab, 3 litre diesel
FollowupID: 309019

Follow Up By: Martyn (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2004 at 21:58

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2004 at 21:58
Scooby,
Bum steer I'm afraid, you can do the naming on the software but when you are using the GPS the route is just labled from the first waypont to the last waypoint, there is no naming convention as such on the GPS. Sorry about that, I got mixed up with the software on my desktop. The menu will let you do all the other stuff. Keep the shiny side up
FollowupID: 309087

Reply By: ceredig - Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 16:28

Monday, Feb 16, 2004 at 16:28
I don't have mine with me but I am sort-of-sure that you can change the name as follows:
menu / card utilities / then I think it is "edit" or "rename"

(sorry to only half answer)
AnswerID: 46905

Sponsored Links