EOTopo Downloads

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 12, 2014 at 16:48
ThreadID: 105792 Views:1526 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Have been trying to download a few treks around Tassie to use with EOTopo but not having much success. We use Ozi Explorer Android on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

EOTopo and Ozi work well but when I start the trek download it tells me the download is in progress and informs me that I will be prompted to open or save. When I check my notifications however it tells me that the download has been unsuccessful. Have tried to download several different treks but no luck on the tablet.

One suggestion I tried was to try a third party software package app such as “Download all Files” as the EOTopo file extension may not be recognised by the Android device but no luck. The file doesn't come in so I can’t use it to open them.

I can download the treks onto my Windows laptop without any issues and have copied the files across to the tablet where they then work fine, but I would prefer to operate just through the tablet when we are away.

Any help would be appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Jan 12, 2014 at 19:54

Sunday, Jan 12, 2014 at 19:54
After reading this and having a few emails back and forth with Adele on this issue. I think the problem is related to having the data files zipped when they are sent from the EO server. I am currently working on generation of rt2 file for Ozi use and these files are heaps easier to generate a deliver to devices. So I expect I will be converting the trek download to send out a single rt2 (route) file in the next few days. This will mean I can turn off the zip functions as I will not need to deliver a rte and wpt file separately.

I will advise when this mod has been installed or if there is some other method to solve the problem.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 524400

Reply By: Member - mepvic - Monday, Jan 13, 2014 at 08:55

Monday, Jan 13, 2014 at 08:55
Thanks David and Michelle (and Adele) The effort you guys are putting into this is really appreciated. It's already a great product and is getting better and better. Great to see that you jump on to the problem straight away and add some suggestions into your "to look at" basket for ongoing updates.

Keep up the good work.
AnswerID: 524421

Sponsored Links