MPPT PCM-3012 problem - mppsolar.com no backup

So a while ago i posted about this problem with an MPPSOLAR PCM-3012 MPPT Solar Charge Controller.

the previous link can be found here - http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/105332/Pcm-3012_finally_installed.aspx

here's the video if you don't want to look at the topic above

Basically it charges fine until 13.6-7v and then when it hits there it starts jumping around as you see in the video. Once it gets to 14.2-3v it stops again.

Does this mean there's a problem with the absorption mode? I've been in contact with the supplier and originally they said it was a problem with the LCD display, then they said it was a problem with older and certain batteries with high internal resistance. Honestly i've got 2 x brand new ritar 120AH batteries and it seems like i'm being fed a line of BS.

They released a firmware update and were meant to be sending an update cable however now they don't communicate at all and i've not received a cable.

The company is mppsolar.com and on ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25A-300W-MPPT-solar-charge-controller-regulator-12V-LCD-wider-MPPT-input-/130616352324?pt=AU_Solar&hash=item1e69575e44&_uhb=1) they're listed as maximum solar. I've been dealing with Eric and James and basically now there's no communication at all and they have not responded to any warranty issues. They have also ignored ebay so buy beware if you get a problem like me :(

So i guess i'm on my own with this which is why i'm posting as a warning to other users but also if someone is familiar with this problem or unit, or indeed has enough knowledge to see through their 'reasons' to give me the real solution i'd appreciate it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rod - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 18:22

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 18:22
Hmm, I bought a 20A version of this controller prior to Christmas. I can't make out all of the figures on your video, but mine certainly fluctuates on the upper-LH Watts figures like yours does. I'm not sure either if this is a problem and I'm yet to use it enough to make a judgement on it's overall effectiveness as a controller.
AnswerID: 524814

Follow Up By: Sleeprequired - Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 19:34

Monday, Jan 20, 2014 at 19:34
well i contacted their management today and suddenly they're talking again which is good. I'm getting a firmware update and a cable... I'll test and report back.
FollowupID: 806658

Sponsored Links