camerons corner, birdsville and more

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014 at 21:08
ThreadID: 105993 Views:2307 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
i am in the early stages of planning a trip from melbourne to camerons corner, birdsville, the dig tree and then down to the flinders ranges then home. maybe mid 2015
i was just wondering what sort of time frame would be needed to have a relaxed trip. i dont want to drive every day ,just take my time. also what months are best?
i would be grateful for any advice from those of you that have done something similar
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 07:42

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 07:42
Without knowing how you are travelling - caravan, off-road trailer, its hard to give specific info. But we did a similar trip in 2011 and a link to one section of our blog about that trip is here. We tend to travel (slowly) most days but the blog might give you some idea of conditions, what there is to see and do. Also if you do a search of this site (use red button top RH corner) you should find many more references to the places you mention. Its amazing country out there. One word of caution though - if you read our blog right through you will see how rain can change the conditions very quickly, as some outback roads quickly become impassable (and are actually closed) after even a bit of rain. To take account of this you need to either have a very loose itinerary or have backup plans.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 525307

Follow Up By: bigden - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:07

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:07
thanks val
I will go to your blog now. we will probably be camping or maybe offroad camper with 1 4wd and if in the tent will get accommodation when its available
FollowupID: 807244

Sponsored Links