Lifestyle AT12 hybrid

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:54
ThreadID: 105996 Views:6121 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

I've recently been in touch with Steve Gaeth at Lifestyle Camper Trailers re this product-i.e. AT10's and AT12's.

The company sells direct (good thing) and so doesn't have a dealer in Adelaide (not so good...)

He says there are a few on order from SA though and if any of those customers should read this I'd very much like to know what features etc about these caravans appealed to them.

George

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gronk - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 19:54

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 19:54
I'm from NSW and have an AT10.....

Quick setup ( I had 2 KK's before this )...no canvas.....low cost ( compared to other hybrids )....low weight ( 1240kg tare )....

Anything else you want to know ?
AnswerID: 525338

Follow Up By: 213 - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 21:35

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 21:35
Hi Gronk

Are you happy with it? - is the expanding section stable and is it lasting? - have you taken it 'really' off-road such as on a major track?...if so, how does it perform in the real roughstuff?

Were any warranty (or other issues) promptly looked after by the local service people?

Do you have any add-ons such as the canvas room? How well does that perform?

Any other comments you might think could help someone considering buying one would be gratefully received.

Thanks for the reply
FollowupID: 807293

Follow Up By: Gronk - Thursday, Jan 30, 2014 at 19:53

Thursday, Jan 30, 2014 at 19:53
The expanding section out the back is all aluminium and folds out like doors......nothing really to go wrong and strong as once folded out..

I haven't had it "really" offroad...mainly only state forests and dirt roads.............keeping in mind it has almost identical dimensions to a KK camper ( except for the height ), so overhangs etc should be pretty good..with ind susp, it should perform as well as any other fair dinkum camper out there ( as long as you keep an eye on the height )

In 2 years, nothing has gone wrong with it ( been away 35 times ), so warranty work has been nil...

I have a one off canvas awning with one side wall ( that may be replaced with a Fiamma soon ? ), so can't help you there........I haven't spent much time at all under the awning ( except to cook )

What really suits us is the queen innerspring bed....porta potti under the bed for the missus ( no.1's ).....no worries with a wet weather packup..
FollowupID: 807368

Follow Up By: 213 - Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 19:22

Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 19:22
Thanks for that Gronk
FollowupID: 807444

Reply By: Phil D1 - Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 23:18

Wednesday, Jan 29, 2014 at 23:18
Hi George,
I have a mate with an AT in Adelaide, who initially has some warranty matters, but I understand all is fine now. Please send me an email at pd@dewings.com.au, and I will put you in touch with him.
Phil
AnswerID: 525351

Sponsored Links