2011 Jayco Eagle Outback

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 30, 2014 at 16:38
ThreadID: 106013 Views:1679 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

We are new to the camping game, we are looking at a 2011 Jayco Outback Eagle, with the following extras:-

Battery
Bagged Bed Flys
Side Awning with Walls
Roof Racks
3 PVC Holders
Jerry Can Holder

What would be a good buy for something like this in the current market?

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 08:51

Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 08:51
If you check eBay, caravanandcampingsales.com, Gumtree, Trading Post etc you
will find a range of units as a guide. Bargain hard..it is a buyers market.
cheers......oldbaz.
AnswerID: 525455

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:05

Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:05
Hi Eagle,

A bit more info on what your needs are will get better answers. eg how many of you will be going camping? What sort of places to you want to go and for how long - to the beach for the school holidays or as grey nomads on an extended trip through more remote areas? There are many options, and as yet no perfect camping set-up, so you need to work out what you want to do before you rush out and buy something.

As you are new to camping maybe hire a couple of campers for some short trips to see how you go with them. Better to take a bit of time researching and experimenting to increase your chances of getting a rig that really suits your needs.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 525458

Follow Up By: Member - Chris_K - Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:52

Friday, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:52
Hi Eagle

Some good advice from Val - we had a Jayco Outback for about 5 years, and while they are a good unit for general travel, I wouldn't take them further offroad than a well graded (wide) forestry trail. So perhaps if you listed some of the rigs that you were going to consider, everyone could have a go at the pro's and con's. That would make an interesting thread to read!

Cheers

Chris
FollowupID: 807389

Reply By: phily33 - Sunday, Feb 09, 2014 at 21:33

Sunday, Feb 09, 2014 at 21:33
hi eagle thanks for the post, i am thinking the same as you. wanting to but trailer tent, but wanting to do more. dont want to spend then find usuitable gear. i am from england and come for about 6 weeks a year, usually november and trying to step up from camping in victoria. looks by your replies, the scope is so vast as what is on offer you have to ask what you want to do and how much time and money.

AnswerID: 526094

Sponsored Links