Further to my last post

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 13:52
ThreadID: 106049 Views:2012 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Again, further to my Simpson Post. I did research through this forum and other re stone protection to rear window and camper before our last Kimberley trip. Got mainly good to excellant reviews on Stone Stompers. Rang Christian gave him dimensions of Camper trailer, they duely arrived and I fitted.

Sad to say that 7 days into our 8 week trip the netting on the stompers was trashed, the Plenty Hwy the Main cause, also be warned and I wasn't that anything fixed to the underside of the drawbar will chafe right through the net, absolutely guaranteed.

I ended up in Alice fitting rubber curtains to the frame on the Stone Stomper that at least saved the rear screen but the trailer was sand blasted, water tank holed and trailer shockers disintegrated at the top of the Tanami.

Wouldn't be dead for quids would you?? lol
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid than to open it and remove all doubt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 17:33

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 17:33
I also have a stone stomper, nearly 4 years now. Do a fair amount of off-road driving with the caravan, anything from good gravel to really rough and stony tracks. On the black top I usually sit on around 90kph and off-road, anything from 10kph to 60kph. The netting has worn though where the WD bars are rubbing but fixed that with a couple of vinyl patches. Other than that the netting is still in good shape. Certainly stops all the stones. Cheers
AnswerID: 525650

Reply By: Shaker - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:15

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 18:15
Why don't you keep it all in one thread & then people will get the complete picture?
AnswerID: 525654

Reply By: Stone Stomper - Tuesday, Feb 04, 2014 at 19:25

Tuesday, Feb 04, 2014 at 19:25
Hi Ian,

That seems very strange any chance you can email us direct at stonestomper@bigpond.com with pictures of the net set up to see if it was set up correctly as this is very unusual.

We offer a repair service and can reinforce the wear area at no charge for you.

Thanks again

Christian
AnswerID: 525758

Sponsored Links