Ayers Rock Resort

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 14:25
ThreadID: 106053 Views:2076 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We will be at the resort mid April - I recall having read some reports that the campground can be quite noisy after dark, with backpackers and tour groups partying.

We're going to be with 2 other families and we all have young children - are there any areas in the campground that are better than others to avoid the noise and late nights?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Litlbalt - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 14:29

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 14:29
We stayed there June/july 2012 and was fine we had our 2 daughters 5 and 3. We were camped near the big camp kitchen and amenitites at dinner time there were alot of people around but that was about it once it got a bit later it settled down.
AnswerID: 525631

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 15:42

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 15:42
We've stayed a couple of times and it was OK. A bit of joyous noise coming from the nearby bus/tent/backpacker area but not too bad.
Ask at reception and they may position you in the quietest spot.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 525637

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 15:44

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 15:44
By the way, the Visitor Centre is first class and very helpful. Straight in front of you as you reach the main street.
Cheers
Allan

AnswerID: 525638

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 15:50

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 15:50
Oops.......That above reference to the Visitor Centre was meant to be in the Coober Pedy thread. Sorry.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 807582

Reply By: allein m - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 17:30

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 17:30
My GP here in Broken Hill is a locum and does six weeks here and goes home to Sydney but occasionally goes to other places and she did 4 weeks at Ayers Rock she was shocked by the amount of RFDS call out s for People falling and breaking legs

not sure why is it that hard to climb the rock or are people just not prepared for such a activity

expensive day out I have had several trips to Adelaide by RFDS but I was lucky I was being transferred from the local hospital to Adelaide so it cost nothing I am not sure if ambulance service would cover it

if not that is a expensive trip two Ambulance rides and the aircraft trip would cost over $5000 theses days
AnswerID: 525649

Follow Up By: prado 01 - Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 13:39

Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 13:39
And what does this to do with noise in the caravan park.
Cheers
FollowupID: 807658

Follow Up By: allein m - Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 18:43

Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 18:43
Nothing but I was hoping people who have been there may help me out with an answer

FollowupID: 807684

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 23:46

Sunday, Feb 02, 2014 at 23:46
It is worth enduring to see the iconic rock as well as the larger Kata Tjuta. Discuss your concerns with reception. They were willing to spend quite some time trying to find a site we could fit on. It was not exactly quiet with hire whizz-bangs around us, and though not back packers, a gent who talked quite loudly while have a few drinks with mates after our bed time.Young children will sleep through the doors and chatter.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 525670

Reply By: WBS - Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 08:00

Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 08:00
We stayed at the Camp grounds in 2010 and the place was full, including buses full of school kids camping in tents. We didn't notice that the noise levels were above normal at any time. It just didn't register as a problem for us.

The climb up the rock is very steep in places and is sometimes closed due to weather conditions, so if its very windy or wet the authorities close the walk. I'd like to say that in respect to the traditional owners request not to climb the rock we opted for the walk around the base, but the truth is that it also looked too steep for my liking.

Don't forget to give time to visit Kata Tjuta. I found that place more intriguing that Uluru to be honest. We did the Valley of the Winds Walk and loved it. We didn't get to do the Walpa Gorge Walk as we simply ran out of time. By all reports that's great too. Take good hiking boots not joggers as there's lots of stones under foot and joggers don't support your sole.

WBS
AnswerID: 525676

Sponsored Links