EOTrackMe Error Message

Submitted: Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 16:54
ThreadID: 106068 Views:1201 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Have just loaded up EOTrackMe onto my iphone in preparation for a number of trips this year. Tassie in March for 3 weeks then the top end for 3-1/2 months.
Have done a few test runs around suburban Melbourne with good phone coverage and no tunnels to block the GPS signal.
Have received three error messages that have said " Sending data to Server failed. (-1001) The request timed out" Have searched the error message on the Forum but there is no threads on this. Any clues? My test runs did go in and out of my 2500M Geofence. Is this the reason?

One other point perhaps for David and Michelle. Is it possible for people wanting to track our journey to be able to do a search for perhaps my name or member number that will take them straight to my tracking entry. Cheers all.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 18:17

Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 18:17
Mepvic,

I assume you are using UTrackMe for IOS on your iPad/iPhone based on that error message. If this is the case then that message will appear when you go out of service but the system will still be keeping track of your travel with no problems and will send when service is restored. I turn the notifications off and just ignore the error logs when I use my device.

In terms of people wanting to find you - simply send them the address of your Public Profile Page and this will allow them to view not only your tracking by Places updates, blog entries (that you can simply email in to blogs@exploroz.com - including photos) and a whole load of other things relevant to your profile. Your address is shown on the My Profile tab at the top - click on View Public Profile and then you can use the share widget to email the page address to other etc. FYI your public profile page is located at
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/287903.5/MyProfile.aspx
Direct link to your EOTrackMe is
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/287903.5/MyProfile.aspx#tab=4

You will notice both of these are on the same page just opening a different tab.

Help this helps
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 525709

Follow Up By: Member - mepvic - Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 20:06

Monday, Feb 03, 2014 at 20:06
Thanks for that. Have turned the notifications off and will try the public profile link.
Regards,
Mal
FollowupID: 807690

Sponsored Links