Hopefully useful info for N-West WA trekkers

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 00:53
ThreadID: 10612 Views:1740 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Some up to date info for intending visitors to the Pt Hedland / Karratha area - lots of water about. De Grey flowing very nicely, Yule very full and so, finally, is the Sherlock.
Quite a few of the minor rivers / streams between Pt Hedland and Roebourne have new water in them. Expect they will empty quickly, though.
Marble Bar Rd (from Gt Nthn Hwy) was closed on Sunday, most likely meaning (since the De Grey was flowing) that the Shaw and Coongan have also had a lot of water through them.
Have also heard (UNCONFIRMED) that the Fortescue (at the road house) also has a lot of water
All up, points to a very good camping season this year with most of the good spots having finally had a good flush.
Will be trying the Marble Bar road again this weekend and if I have any luck, will update this info again Sunday night.

Regards
Russell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 14:35

Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 14:35
G,day Russell . We,l be coming up next Tuesday night , ariving on Thursday evning after a visit to Indee station . Staing at the Lodge in south headland . There for a swim meet , so wont be staying long and be tie,d up at the pool most of the time , so if you get time on friday , dorp round and say g,day . Lived there for 10+ years , so wont be doing any site seeing so should be at pool or motel . Take a look at my setup in rigs and look for that . Cheers Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
AnswerID: 47203

Follow Up By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 14:39

Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 14:39
Just read your other post , i,ll have the puter with me and be able to show you a few spots if you like , gps readings as well .Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
FollowupID: 309169

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 15:28

Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 15:28
You would'nt want to goto the loo in the middle of the night ,long drop from up there.Regards Bob
Where to next
FollowupID: 309178

Follow Up By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 16:12

Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 16:12
Yes , your right Bob , it sure is a long drop . Up side is , you catch all the breas,es when it,s warm and get to look down on all the punter,s in there tents and camp trailers ( thats why its nicknamed , The Penthouse , the closest i,ll ever get to living in one ) and i don,t have to tow anything . ChearsWhy go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
FollowupID: 309308

Sponsored Links