bike rack for M.Home pls.

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 09, 2014 at 10:36
ThreadID: 106153 Views:1585 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi happy campers, anyone know where I can get a push bike rack for a reasonable price (in Perth) to suit rear fitting below the window on a fiat jayco motor home? prices are around $400+ , Am hoping for a bit cheaper. Have sussed out Camec.
MG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - evaredy - Sunday, Feb 09, 2014 at 18:03

Sunday, Feb 09, 2014 at 18:03
I know you are looking for something cheap, but in my opinion you would be better off paying the money for a good secure and easy to use system.

ISI make some very good carriers and I am sure if you contacted George he could advise you on which way to go as well as what is required. He may even be able to make a custom rack to suite your needs.

I have had their Town & Country rack for a couple of years and love it, loading the bikes is really simple and take literally seconds. The rack also tilts down with the bikes attached if you need to get into the back of the car or caravan boot etc.

http://www.isi-carriers.com/products.html
AnswerID: 526065

Follow Up By: Michaeljp - Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 22:31

Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 at 22:31
ISI are the best bike carrier made in Australia for Australian conditions. George is a great bloke and very helpfull. He made the fork mount for my mountain bike to suit my hilux. Thats (was)my hilux on his website. I rang him, we talked about it and he made it.
If your going to be driving hundreds of kms of corrigations the ISI carrier is the only one to get.
FollowupID: 808432

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Feb 12, 2014 at 00:43

Wednesday, Feb 12, 2014 at 00:43
I suggest you measure the overhang at the rear of your motorhome. You are only allowed 60% of the wheelbase overhang at the rear. A lot of the motorhomes on European chassis are built with the maximum overhang to keep the wheelbase as short as possible. Even adding a tow bar makes them over-length.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 526250

Sponsored Links