Camping trip down south

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 09, 2014 at 22:03
ThreadID: 106165 Views:1514 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Explorers, due to the many fires and closures, my trip to the high country has been put off, and a alternate one hatched....a visit to Mallacoota/Croajingolong nat park and the surrounding area....my question is ...do any of you local people have any free camp recommendations , or places to stay clear of ??
I only have a few days to research, plan is to be tenting, canoeing, and fishing.
Member message will keep that special place between you and i... :^)
Thanks in advance.
Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim Owen - Monday, Feb 10, 2014 at 20:05

Monday, Feb 10, 2014 at 20:05
With an interest in fishing and conoeing, you cannot go wrong in the area. I only know of the main camp sites outlined in standard Parks Vic material ie.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/314551/Park-note-Croajingolong-National-Park.pdf

I haven't been to Shipwreck creek - but have been to all the others. I found Peachtree Creek (Timboon Inlet) to be dominated by the fishing crew - and as we didn't have a boat I preferred the others spots (Wingan, Mueller, Thurra). The beach on the western side of Pt Hicks (short walk up and over the point) in one of the most beautiful beaches going around in my opinion.

Enjoy - its a beautiful part of the world.
AnswerID: 526154

Sponsored Links