camp trailer

Submitted: Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 07:09
ThreadID: 106277 Views:1702 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey everyone
im new on here anyways I have a home made box camp trailer that I store all my camp gear including fridge setup ect. It has two whirly vents on top as it used to be a wind surfing trailer from the previous owner. Any ways I am currently traveling around aus and yesterday in heavy rain water must have been coming thru these vents and soaked everything now I need something to help keep the heat out of the trailer because of the camp fridge anyone have any ideas I already have a small vent in one side but being a black trailer made from aluminium it can get quite warm on the 40 deg days.
thanks in advance :)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Penchy - Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 08:15

Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 08:15
Fluted side panels. It won't keep dust out though - assuming you will be getting off the tarmac at some point.
AnswerID: 526639

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 08:24

Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 08:24
Certainly you need to ventilate and or arrange for a colour change in vital spots Travel n Aus.(possibly with use of removeable reflective cover)

Sometimes though looking at the issue from different point of view helps.

Can you put a removeable cover over the vents, maybe like a sock , on the basis that when its raining heavily then temperature inside won't get to extremes.

For more permanent solution could you fit a channel along the roof over the vents.
This would funnel air flow in the direction of travel and stop direct rain.

Note - the tunnel would be best lifted off the roof by 1cm to allow for venting of stray water.

Option for good closeable vents and fluted panels for the sides can often be seen at yachting shops.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 526640

Reply By: Malcolm 02 - Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 08:35

Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 08:35
Have a look at the marine suppliers like Whitworths . They have a selection of vents including solar ones.

Hope this helps.

Mal
AnswerID: 526641

Follow Up By: Travel 'n' Aus - Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:04

Monday, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:04
Thanks heaps guys I never thought of covers to prevent direct rain and/or I might try to find a few marine shops to see if they have the solar powered vents as I would like heat to be removed whilst trailer is sitting at camp for days. much appreciate the input :)
FollowupID: 808875

Sponsored Links