Jeep recovery points (front)

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 18, 2004 at 23:54
ThreadID: 10635 Views:2106 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
my Jeep Grand Cherokee has a tie down point on left front, however it does not appear to be strong enough for serious recovery (snatch strap). Also to connect at that point wouldn't do much for all that plastic at the front of the Jeep. Ideally I need a hook on both sides that protrudes through the plastic bumper far enough to not cause damage under force (recovery). Any clues or experience on how this can be achieved.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: maverick - Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 05:57

Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 05:57
You are right about the tie down point - never use for recovery. There is a choice of hooks or plates that can be purchased from any offroad shop - ARB, TJM etc. It doesn't relly matted as long as they are rated and are fixed to the chassis with high tensile bolts. As for the plastic - it may be a case of removing for protection and enable it to be replaced prior to selling. Is there a front bar fitted? Might need to go down that route anyway to get the clearance and protection. rgds
AnswerID: 47281

Reply By: Member - Frank - Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 18:36

Thursday, Feb 19, 2004 at 18:36
dont know where you blokes going that you need to tie down a 4 wheel drive dont want to either or I might be tempted to go there and get blown awayCBS
Cant Bl**dy Sitstill
AnswerID: 47351

Follow Up By: Kermit - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:51

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:51
Thanks Frank - this is South Oz after all. After two or six bottles of red around the camp fire we all need tie down points. Come and join the NFF club. The N is for No and the last F is for fish. What happens in between is out business.

Kermit
FollowupID: 309398

Sponsored Links