coromal f400 awning suggestions

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 at 17:52
ThreadID: 106383 Views:1837 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Coromal advise us (post purchase) that awnings are not recommended by them for F400 series campervans due to the additional weight placed on the winding mechanism, indicating that we could void our warranty should there be any problems with it (this is a new van). We wondered about a lightweight (7kgs?) fiamma wind out awning. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?
suegra
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Road Warrior - Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 at 22:12

Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 at 22:12
Sounds like a complete crock, our F400 has had an awning on it since new. They can't spec awnings from new and then say no you shouldnt fit them, is this a dealer who said this or Coromal
AnswerID: 527093

Follow Up By: suegra - Monday, Mar 10, 2014 at 18:43

Monday, Mar 10, 2014 at 18:43
None of the printed material (I assume this is the spec of which you speak) had any indication of an awning. We assumed that it was possible to attach an awning, but did not establish this at the time of purchase (and were not informed otherwise by the salesman). We have spoken directly to Coromal, following having been informed by the dealer that Coromal did not recommend awnings for this type of van due to the additional weight, which could compromise the winding mechanism and void our warranty. It did take my husband some perseverance to get Coromal to admit this, I might add! Disappointed!
FollowupID: 810490

Sponsored Links