SC flat traditional swags anybody have one?

Submitted: Monday, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:15
ThreadID: 106395 Views:2288 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm thinking of picking one up for those last minute trips or for when I want simplicity at its finest. But I've never seen one in the flesh and there's only one picture of it on the southern cross website, anybody here have one?
What do you think?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kanga1 - Monday, Feb 24, 2014 at 14:27

Monday, Feb 24, 2014 at 14:27
Hi, I don't have a Southern Cross flat swag, but do have a Saul Swag which is flat also, they are a very simple design and have no zips in them ( don't have to worry about twigs and sand derailing or wearing a zipper ) it's a pretty versatile design and has been good to me. Check them out for yourself, http://www.saulswags.com.au/ Cheers, Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 527130

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, Feb 24, 2014 at 20:05

Monday, Feb 24, 2014 at 20:05
I haven't got a SC swag, but I've had a few swags, one of which is a single open swag.
For desert trips in winter, an open swag is great (provided the rat and mice plague has died off.....which I expect it has!). I like the freedom of just sleeping under the stars (with a good beanie!)

But everywhere else, take a mossie tent (or a simple 3-man tent) for those nights where the rain is threatening or the insects are bad.

Personal preference.
AnswerID: 527155

Reply By: War Machine - Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 21:35

Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 at 21:35
Thanks for the input guys, it's much appreciated. I used to have a darche traditional xl swag which served me well for a fair while but I sold it on to fund my sort of recent purchase of a southern cross king dome, don't get me wrong, the king dome is a great swag but with all the blankets and stuff I've got in it plus the tarp it weighs near 40kgs and is a bit of a pain to take on those last second camps, that's why I was considering getting another traditional single but with mosquito net this time around (the darche had no mosquito net).
Thanks again guys.
AnswerID: 527236

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:21

Wednesday, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:21
WM,

Only ever had a "flat" swag. Just a tarp, 10x8 or 10 x 12, some blankets, a mossie net & a pillow was all I had years ago.

Upgraded to a 1" mattress when my time in the swag reduced due to being in a different job.

Since then have added a cotton blanket(handy for not so cold nights) and a couple of RM Williams bush rugs. Sleep comfortably during any high wind, cold outback night. Added a bride some years back, and her demands have seen flannelette sheets added as well. And one of those self inflating mattresses are the go now too, to make the aging body more comfortable.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 809666

Sponsored Links